Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Posting Pics from Picasa

Help. I want to post pics of my floor install from my Picasa album. I started the draft of the thread text and inserted the URL for the entire album. Now I want to insert a few thumbnail teaser pics. I go to "manage attachments" (in irv2.com) and see where I need to insert the URL for the particular pic I want to post. So in Picasa I click on the pic to open it up, and click on "Link to this photo" and copy the link (https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink) and paste it into the "Upload file from a URL" box, I hit "upload" and I get an invalid file upload error message. What am I doing wrong?

Also, how do I retrieve a draft?
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club

Here is a photo from my Picasa Album... You need to actually paste THAT URL into the "insert Image" box. That link is the little square "picture-looking emblem (the fifth one from the right side above the posting box.)
I hope this helps...

PS..is this what you wanted to show?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
MonacoMama,

Thanks for the reply. I think I have the pic posting figured out using the icon you described. What I am trying to understand is how to post a smaller thumbnail pic that links to the full size pic on Picasa. On other websites, the "Managing Attachments" in the "Additional Options" box is used.

I can get it to work when uploading from my hard drive, just not Picasa. Here is the same pic off my hard drive. Click on the image and then again and then again and it will overfill the screen if you want to see detail. And they are automatically resized as you upload when using the "Managing Attachments" option.. This one is a 7.24 meg image on my hard drive. Maybe I just need to stick with uploading from my computer instead of Picasa.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0712.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	298.7 KB
ID:	10225  
Old 05-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here is how the pics ended up being posted, directly from my hard drive using the "Managing Attachments" box. I did leave in the link to my Picasa album as there are many more pics I did not put in the body of the thread.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/allu...tml#post854197
Old 05-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
CJ7ole...I am a big fan of Picasa but I have never tried the thumbnail idea. You can change the info on your post and it will shrink down here... but you can click the bar above it to enlarge it.
see below...

But with that being said ... there may be many who won't know how to change it in the properties....

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote