Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2014, 04:27 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Posting pics problems??

Lori- Community Administer-

I'm having a devil of a time posting pictures.

1- I thought that we always had to move our pics into a irv2 photo Gallery.
I dug up your post on "To insert a picture (s) in your post in a new thread".
It indicates that we can pull a picture directly from our computer base and by using the "manage attachments" section, we can post it.
That doesn't work for me.
I cannot post a picture, at all, on my AOL server.
If I go to IE, and then AOL, I can enlarge the picture from "my Gallery" and then "copy and paste" one picture only.
If I then click upload, I get nothing.

2- Formerly, I could place my pictures in a thread under construction, and then go back and narrate it.
The only way I can do it now with multiple pictures is to "submit" the thread and then edit it within my one hour "grace period" and add other pics, one at a time, and narrative.

Wow- this is turning me off with the picture posting operation that all your members and guests like so much.
I see where you even say you don't know why you can't "copy and paste" sometimes.

Do you have any newer or other info I'm missing? It took me a long time to learn the "old system" and I went through two football games, about 7 hours, yesterday trying to figure out the NEW system- To no avail- Ouch, LOL.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2014, 04:54 AM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Here are the photo posting instructions. Nothing has changed at iRV2, but if you're using AOL, unfortunately I can't help as AOL imposes their own way of doing things on the internet and I don't believe any of us use AOL. Perhaps something has changed at AOL?

Can you completely bypass AOL with another browser?

I use the "paperclip" method and the"Upload a file from a URL" methods with no problems as long as the photos are not too large.

Quote:
How to add photos to a post
  • Click Quick Reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click Go Advanced, add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click Manage Attachments. A separate window will pop up.
  • Click Browse... then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click Upload. After pics have loaded, close the pop-up window.
  • Click Submit Reply to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
You can also:
  • Click Post Reply or, if starting a new thread, click New Thread
  • Click on the paperclip symbol in the top row of the message box. A separate window will pop up.
  • Click Browse...then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click Submit Reply (if you are replying) or Submit New Thread (if a new discussion) to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
About attachment storage limits

When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. There are some restrictions on how much data can be stored.

Registered members are limited to 50 MB of attachment storage for items posted to threads and posts and 100 MB for files posted to the photo gallery. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads.

Contributing members have unlimited attachment storage for threads and posts. A contributing membership is an annual commitment. If a contributing membership reverts to a standard account, loaded images will still remain, but if you have exceeded the storage limits of a standard member account (50 MB), you may be unable to load more attachments. And remember ... all images loaded to posts (regardless of your membership status) must meet the size requirement above. If they are larger, they will fail to load.

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo gallery.

To do this: Paste the url of the image from our photo gallery into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

The image will appear where the url was in your text.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via MSN to sailsam Send a message via Yahoo to sailsam
Photos as jpg

Route 66 - it's me again.
The directions for loading photos seems very convoluted for an 79 year old like me. It would be easiest if I could just copy the photo and then paste it into a post. A little more trouble, thought not much, would be to just attach a jpg file. I have all my photos saved as jpg files. Is there anyway I can get around having to get the photo a URL?
Oh. Another question. I have established a signature (I think). How do I get it automatically shown on my posts?
It is:
Sailsam and Susie
1987 24' Travelmaster
Old 02-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Your signature is showing.

This how to upload a jpg photo from your computer to a post.

• Click Post Reply or, if starting a new thread, click New Thread
  • Click on the paperclip symbol in the top row of the message box. A separate window will pop up.
  • Click Browse...then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click Submit Reply (if you are replying) or Submit New Thread (if a new discussion) to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via MSN to sailsam Send a message via Yahoo to sailsam
Yes, I see that it adds my signature to my posts - it just doesn't show up until I post, and then I don't see it unless I request a preview of my post.
And thanks for explaining to me just what the paperclip icon can do.
I'm learning - I hope. Hopefully I won't have to bother you with these simple questions eventually.