Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Posting pictures in text

I did read the sticky on the software etc but still have a question. I read the sticky as giving me two options 1. Having pictures at the end of a thread, 2. Having pictures among the text by copying the URL from another imageserver on line.

I would like to have the pictures among the text for a tech description fix and want to know if and how it can be done from my photo gallery or direct from my computer. I don't use and don't know how to use an online imageserver/storer for my pictures.

2005 30' Rexhall Vision, W-22 chassis, 19.5 tires, 208'' factory WB, 6000 CCC
scoutmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
You can't link to images on your computer but you could load them to the gallery and then add links in your posts. I don't know that you would be able to get them next to your text but you could write a paragraph, then have a pic then do another paragraph etc.

If you need to practice feel free to use the testing forum for this.

1964 Airstream Overlander | 1964 Globetrotter | Blog

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I uploaded a few pictures and tried to get them on a post but all I got was the URL and not the picture. When you say link the picture in my gallery to the post, how is that done?
2005 30' Rexhall Vision, W-22 chassis, 19.5 tires, 208'' factory WB, 6000 CCC
scoutmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Place your mouse cursor over the picture and right click. In the box that pops up, click on Properties at the bottom. In the Properties box, you'll be shown the actual photo's URL. Highlight it and right click, then select Copy. That's the URL you post into the box that pops up when you use the Image icon on the toolbar (the yellow rectangle with the mountains in it). If you look at your test thread, I've used this method to post your pictures.

RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote