Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Private Messaging: not showing 'sent messages'

I just tried to PM our admin, Janet H, about a non-technical question. After sending, I clicked to check 'sent messages'. It says that I have "0 sent messages". I'm thinking that there is a glitch and it didn't go through. I do know how the PMs work with Vbulletin as I used to admin a Vbulletin forum, so I don't think it's user error. When there is time (I know you all are very busy right now!), could someone look into this? Thanks!

~Lori

Doula is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doula View Post
I just tried to PM our admin, Janet H, about a non-technical question. After sending, I clicked to check 'sent messages'. It says that I have "0 sent messages". I'm thinking that there is a glitch and it didn't go through. I do know how the PMs work with Vbulletin as I used to admin a Vbulletin forum, so I don't think it's user error. When there is time (I know you all are very busy right now!), could someone look into this? Thanks!

~Lori

Hi - I got your note. You can view the sent mail by going to the sent mail folder in your PM box. FOlders are locate in a drop down menu above the list of messages. You can also set up other folders as you need them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sent mail.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	73  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks, Janet. Yes, I did try all of that; I am very familiar with the Vbulletin PM system. I also just replied to your PM and it still shows as "0 messages sent" and so my sent messages cannot be reviewed by me. Now, my inbox messages are showing as they should. Odd...but it's not a huge deal, I suppose.

I'm sure you all are working on bigger problems getting this upgrade squared away at the moment. I thought it was worth mentioning, though, in case this is not an isolated problem with just me affected. Thanks.

~Lori
Old 03-10-2009, 05:50 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
You need to set the option to save sent messages. It's in the User CP, "Edit Options", towards the bottom of the list.

joe
Old 03-10-2009, 05:56 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Joe, that must be it!!!! Thank you! You're right; it wasn't checked in my user cp. In that other forum that I have eluded to, I think that was already set as a default for us so I didn't even think about that. User error, indeed! lol That was simple; thanks again!

~Lori
Old 03-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doula View Post
Joe, that must be it!!!! Thank you! You're right; it wasn't checked in my user cp. In that other forum that I have eluded to, I think that was already set as a default for us so I didn't even think about that. User error, indeed! lol That was simple; thanks again!

~Lori

It should have been set as the default - I just changed it. Thanks for finding this!!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
It should have been set as the default - I just changed it. Thanks for finding this!!
Janet, you are running around everywhere today. Thanks for everything. You rock!
Old 03-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Janet, just for info, I had been able to see my sent and received PM's until two days ago, when it all disappeared. Based on the above info, found the option was not checked in my user's cp. However, I haven't been in user's cp to change anything, so don't quite understand that "it is set as a default", something changed it. (?)

Best,

Bob
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks for the info. I was wondering why my sent PM's weren't showing up in my sent folder either. Now I know & changed my setting.

Since my "save sent PM's" didn't follow from the old Forums nor was it defaulted to be check boxed on this one, it's possible a bunch more members have that missed, too.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
all along I thought I was doing something wrong because I responded to quite a few PM's and never saw the response anywhere. After reading this post I went to my option and indeed that option was un-clicked. It is now selected.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pms, private messages, private messaging, sent messages