Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #1

I have two HP laptops with each running Windows XP Home Edition. The latest software updates are installed and I run Spy Sweeper, Norton antivirus and ZoneAlarm Pro firewalls. With one laptop I can see the Workhorse logo at the top of the Workhorse chassis forum page and with the other everything is there except for the Workhorse logo. The only configuration difference I can find is in Internet Explorer (Tools, Internet Options, Advanced), the laptop that works use JAVA (Sun) and the one that does not work uses a JIT compliler for Microsoft VM (Virtual Machine). Would the JIT compiler cause the logo to not be displayed? If so, how do I fix it? Thanks for your help.

2006 Gulfstream Ultra LE 6316
ghamblen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #2

I have two HP laptops with each running Windows XP Home Edition. The latest software updates are installed and I run Spy Sweeper, Norton antivirus and ZoneAlarm Pro firewalls. With one laptop I can see the Workhorse logo at the top of the Workhorse chassis forum page and with the other everything is there except for the Workhorse logo. The only configuration difference I can find is in Internet Explorer (Tools, Internet Options, Advanced), the laptop that works use JAVA (Sun) and the one that does not work uses a JIT compliler for Microsoft VM (Virtual Machine). Would the JIT compiler cause the logo to not be displayed? If so, how do I fix it? Thanks for your help.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
On the Workhorse Forum page the logo is just a *.jpg. Can you see any pictures in the photo gallery? Can you see the pictures on the front page?

I can't figure it.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:44 PM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
I've heard of similar issues such as this in the past and just last week had a 'missing graphics' problem with my own laptop on our forums.

Have you tried clearing your cookies and deleting temporary internet files? That has resolved many of these type problems in the past and took care of mine last week.

Let us know.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:45 AM   #5

Thanks for the replies guys. Hitchhiker, I deleted the cookies and temporary internet files and don't see any differece on the JIT equipped laptop. This is what I see when using the Java (Sun) equipped laptop when I click on the Workhorse Custon Chassis Motorhome Forum. At the top of the screen is the IRV2.Com graphic on the left and the advertising banner on the right. Below that is the Menu banner. Next line down reads "Welcome Workhorse Custom Chassis Owners!". Below that in the center of the screen is the Workhorse Owners Club Join Today graphic. Just below the graphic is "Click on the logo to join the club". This is followed by the On Line Now list, etc. I believe this is the normal display I should see. On the JIT equipped laptop there are two differences. At the top of the screen is the IRV2.Com graphic centered and the advertising graphic is missing. The Workhorse Owner's Club Join Today graphic is also missing. Everything else is the same as the JAVA (Sun) equipped laptop. Driver, if I click on Photos in the Menu banner on either laptop I do see the photos that appear. When I look at various posts that include pictures I have no trouble seeing them. The JIT equipped laptop is three years older than the JAVA (Sun) equipped laptop which may explain why the JIT compiler is on there. I looked at a friends laptop and it is also JAVA (Sun) equipped. I am a little baffled by this behavior. I guess I don't understand what I do know about computers. I didn't realize the JIT laptop even had a problem until I started lookiing for the Workhorse Owner's Club Join Today graphic and could not see it. Thanks for any ideas you may have on solving this problem.
Gary Hamblen

Old 07-07-2006, 10:29 AM   #6

Appalachian Campers
Gary,

I'm sorry clearing the cookies and deleting the files didn't help, I'm stumped. Maybe one of our Administrators can help?
Old 07-28-2006, 02:03 PM   #7

I finally found the problem. It was not the web browser but the firewall. Apparently ZoneAlarmPro considers the Workhorse logo a banner and inhibits the display of it. I lowered the banner protection in ZoneAlarmPro and the logo now displays properly. The small advertising logo at the top right of the page now displays properly also.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:08 PM   #8

Appalachian Campers
Glad you got it resolved and thanks for sharing its resolution with us.