Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
problem viewing attached pics

is it required to be logged-on to be able to view pics that I have attached to posts?
I posted 4 pics in a thread and can't view them when i am subsequently not logged in.

also, i linked one of them to another forum and it is unviewable there unless i am logged on here

i have not re-signed up for the PHOTOS area here, i have just briefly used the 'attach' within the thread option.

the error I get:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. <LI class=smallfont>You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again. <LI class=smallfont>You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Password:
Forgotten Your Password? Remember Me?
The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.

other threads i have 'attached' a pic to, i CAN view those pics,
just not some threads, and again, viewing them once posted on other forums is hit-and-miss, ???
what gives?
mike

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
FatDog...
First and most important...You will not have to sign up for the photo storage again. You are automatically logged into the photo section when you have logged into the forum -in other words- it is all one User Name (FatDog) and password - and if you are logged in here- then you are logged into the Photos and Campground sections.

With that being said - You will have to be logged in to view photos IF you post using the "attachments" section under your posting window, BUT you do NOT have to be logged in if you attach photos using the "Insert Image" button above the posting window.

I hope this makes since to you...let me know if you need better clarification....

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #3

MM
thank you,

there is an 'attach' mechanism below AND 'above' the posting window, so i assume that the rule applies for both ... that i must be logged in to be able to view them,
can other people view them in my post if i am not logged in ??,
or do they have to be logged in??
that feature loses some of its value if it is selective as to who can view the pics i guess

and,
the 'Insert Image' button you reference appears to look for only a 'http:/' pic, ... a picture that is already hosted on the internet somewhere,
so ... am i right that the super-handy new function of putting pics into posts directly from a user's harddrive (not hosted already on the Internet) does not allow ANYONE (?) to view them if i am not logged on ??

and YES, i see now that once i am logged on to the FORUMS, that the PHOTOS area is available to me,
i tried to get to PHOTOS yesterday without being logged on here and i couldn't get in,
even with the username and password i use here if i remember correctly which maybe i don't

gracias
Old 04-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #4

MM,

so I LOG-OFF, and i CAN view an attached pic of mine in the 'Dog Attack' thread, yet i cannot view my attached pics in the thread right above that in the new motorcycle area

that is my ????, why the diff ?
after a certain amount of time do the attached pics become viewable to all?
and i cannot link these pics to other forums?

there are always a lot of people viewing iRV2 that are not logged in, so they will not see the pics that anyone 'ATTACH's ?

sorry, thanks, mike
Old 04-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
The Photo in the dog attack was attached using the above button AND the photo is hosted already in the iRV2 Photo section (so you do NOT need to be logged on for anyone to view it- including yourself.)

The photos you put in the Motorcycle section were added by the "Attach Photos" below the "posting window" . They are NOT hosted in the iRV2 photo section. Anyone who wants to view them MUST be logged onto iRV2 as a member here.

This is NOT the case IF you use the "add image" button above...but the photos must be hosted on the internet (like the iRV2 photo section) if you use the "add image" button above.

Does this clarify it better?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #6

thank you very much Monaco,

i suspect that i will have to fiddle with it some more,

i now DO see that my dog pic is in the PHOTOS area, i forgot that i had put it there i guess a while back but didn't use that pic in the DogAttack thread,

... in both the DogAttack thread and the Motortcycle thread i had attached the pics from my harddrive using the 'attach' button on top of the posting box (i had forgotten that it was in the PHOTOS area),

the 'properties' address on both thread's pics look similar

thanks again, M
Old 04-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
I just changed this so that you should be able to view attachments as a guest.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDog View Post
thank you very much Monaco,

i suspect that i will have to fiddle with it some more,

i now DO see that my dog pic is in the PHOTOS area, i forgot that i had put it there i guess a while back but didn't use that pic in the DogAttack thread,

... in both the DogAttack thread and the Motortcycle thread i had attached the pics from my harddrive using the 'attach' button on top of the posting box (i had forgotten that it was in the PHOTOS area),

the 'properties' address on both thread's pics look similar

thanks again, M
Fat...you are incorrect- The picture of you & Dog would have a box around it saying "attached thumbnails" if you had used the "attach" button in the dog attack.
Please look at the motorcycle photos-you will see the frame I mentioned around all of your photos...
MM
Old 04-28-2009, 12:52 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Yippeee!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
I just changed this so that you should be able to view attachments as a guest.
COOL!!!!

MM
Old 04-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #10

thanks Janet, that does help preserve continuity of thread for guests and un-logged-in regular folk,

and Monaco, i also saw that 'attached' designation on the one only of the two different sets of pics, but confoundit i must resign myself to being confused ... hopefully not attributed to me going crazy prematurely,

but i haven't visited the PHOTO area in a while, didn't even think i was registered its been so long,
so .... and this brief question doesn't really need to waste any more of your time if you agree that i am losing my precious few marbles ... but is there a chance that if i DID attach that favorite pic of mine from my harddrive AND it was also in the PHOTOS area (i had forgotten) , that the attach function would have cross referenced it from the PHOTOs area?

if it is acknowledged that i am crazy, no one need feel shy about mentioning it, i am also harmless