Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:35 AM   #15

Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2016, 11:41 AM   #16
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
FWIW, I've gotten the same page, relatively infrequently, from time to time when clicking on a link. Not enough that it bothers me though. Logged in/Chrome/Win10

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:56 AM   #17

Gulf Streamers Club
For the first time I got the "Continue to an External Link" message. Using a Mac Pro, Chrome, I tried to see a link to an Amazon product posted in a thread.

As I went to find this thread to add my experience, I found I had been logged out of the forum. I've logged back in so I could add this post.

I just went back to the original page that triggered the 'Robot Check' and found if I "right clicked" (to open link in a new tab) no issue. If I "left clicked" it triggered the message again.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #18

This sounds like you have a security setting that is designed to let you know when you leave a site from a URL. I looked in the Advanced Settings on Chrome on a Mac and I don't see an option to turn that on or off. There is a good chance that your virus checker that monitors your web traffic is doing this. Check to see if that as any settings.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #19

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
FWIW, I've gotten the same page, relatively infrequently, from time to time when clicking on a link. Not enough that it bothers me though. Logged in/Chrome/Win10

Lori-
Same.
I've had that message for years, using internet explorer and now Chrome.
No big deal. Click 'Continue to external link', and off you go.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:54 PM   #20

I think the external link issue is generated by IRV2, as the banners and all appear to be from this site. It is a big deal, I find it extremely annoying. This is the ONLY website where I encounter such issues. Admin: Any word from the programmer?
Old 09-27-2016, 05:15 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I don't get the message with Mac or iPad using Safari or PC using IE.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:40 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
I don't get the message with Mac or iPad using Safari or PC using IE.
Most people are not getting this and that is why I think it's a local setting on their computers. iRV2 is just responding to that setting and displays the message. IMHO
Old 09-27-2016, 10:16 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurocking View Post
Most people are not getting this and that is why I think it's a local setting on their computers. iRV2 is just responding to that setting and displays the message. IMHO
I would agree
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:26 AM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurocking View Post
...Except that I changed no settings on my computer or Chrome. I got the message once and discovered I had somehow been logged out when clicking on an external link. I've not been able to duplicate the action, but it was definitely an irv2 message, not one generated by Chrome or Mac OS.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:33 AM   #25
Crash Test Blonde :-)

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I get this message also, from my laptop (firefox browser) and from my iphone. I don't mind it, though, and I get a similar message from most websites when leaving to an external link.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:43 PM   #26
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
That notice displays to those who are not logged in when they click on an outbound link. If you are seeing this I think it's likely that you are inadvertently getting logged out at page changes.

We use cookies to keep you logged in as you navigate around the site and sometimes a browser, system update or update to your security protocols and plugins will change your cookie handling preferences so you might do a double check. Also be sure to tick the remember me box on the login screen for the site - you'll need to do both

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is online now   Reply With Quote