Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2005, 03:07 PM   #1

I can't seem to find my profile. I go to "go"/Profile/ and nothing shows up on any og the icons I have tried looking all over the site for a place to edit or? but can't find it, I'm sure it's operator error, MINE!! Thanks.....Bill
TwinCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2005, 03:07 PM   #2

I can't seem to find my profile. I go to "go"/Profile/ and nothing shows up on any og the icons I have tried looking all over the site for a place to edit or? but can't find it, I'm sure it's operator error, MINE!! Thanks.....Bill
Old 05-17-2005, 03:20 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Bill,

It's there. Click Go>>My Space>>Profile. At the top right corner of the window that appears click on "View/Edit Complete Profile", make your changes and then click the "Submit" button at the bottom left.

Please post whether or not you get it to work so we'll know if you're OK with it.

And.... Welcome to iRV2.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:12 PM   #4

Richard, thanks for gettin back to me. I do just as you say GO>>My Space>>Profile and nothing is at the top right with any edit or anything; all that shows up is the items on the left IE profile/buddies/groups/etc/etc. The top of the page has Home - CG Reviews-etc-etc. And the only thing on the right is Welcome, TwinCam [Logout]. When I click on items on left the same page just keeps coming up as stated before. Oh! And thanks for the welocme I have been enjoying myself so far.....Bill
Old 05-18-2005, 02:53 PM   #5

Appalachian Campers
It should look something like this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Member Profile for TwinCam <span class="ev_code_BLUE">View/Edit Complete Profile </span>

Date Registered: May 14, 2005
Karma Title: "Junior Member"
RV, Manufacturer: H-D RoadKing
RV, Model: wanna be RVing w/my RoadKing

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Send Private Message to TwinCam </span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">View Forum Posts by TwinCam</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since you're saying nothing is at the top right with any edit or anything and all that shows up is the items on the left i.e. profile,buddies,groups,etc. then the entire page must not be loading correctly.

There's another way to access profiles, try clicking on your username in the post above this one. If that doesn't bring up your profile page, try clearing your cookies and Temporary Internet Files and see if that helps.

Your profile is in the system, for some reason your computer isn't getting it to the screen.

Let me know.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:49 PM   #6

Richard not working I've tried what ya said and no go, doesn't look like what ya posted.....Bill
Old 05-18-2005, 05:00 PM   #7

Appalachian Campers
OK Bill, I hear you. Sorry nothing has worked.

I'll see if one of the other Administrators can take a peek and see what's wrong. They're all smarter than I am.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:01 PM   #8

try this Link and see if it takes you to your profile
Disney Campers - Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:52 PM   #9

Scott, nothing happening, it went to link but nothing showed. I talked to some computer guru's at work and they said something about java script, service pac 2, etc, and it being my droid like Richard said so I'm going to try a couple things they said. Thanks, I really appreciate you guys trying, wish me luck........Bill
Old 05-19-2005, 06:04 PM   #10

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
service pack 2 sure made everyone's XP bulletproof. it did this by making it impossible to do much though also until you learn how to get around it when necessary.
you can go to your 'security center' in your control panel and temporarily turn off the 'offending' savior of your system. This might be the firewall, although that does not really make sense to me as it has let you log onto the website in the first place.
We run into this problem at work daily, a number of times, as we host an online construction planroon site.
I'll bet if you went to another operating system on another computer, you would see the Profile Editing area that everyone has referred you to.
I you want, email me, and i will email you back everyhing that you can change/edit in your profile and we will make any changes/additions to your Profile tonite.
Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:46 PM   #11

Mike, thanks I appreciate the info. I have a lady that is a computer guru at work (real sweet heart, always bailing my A _ _ outa problems with my droid at work!) that is going to check it out and then I will go from there. Also you are right I tried it at work, XP Proff, and it worked fine so it is something with my droid that's dorked up, or maybe just the loose nut behind the keyboard! .....Bill
Old 05-21-2005, 06:03 AM   #12

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Bill,
on your computer you can go to
MY COMPUTER
and then to
SECURITY CENTER then to: INTERNET OPTIONS
and then, if you choose, put:
www.iRV2.com
into the TRUSTED SITES category

either your SECURITY or PRIVACY is probably set too high to give you full functionality on this internet site
in general, you can also 'turn down' the security level from the level you have it
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 05:02 PM   #13

FatDog, hows it going? I tried what you said and it wouldn't let me unless I put HTTP?? So! I did that and it didn't work either, I even tried doing a Karma dance around the droid, laid hands on it, patted it on it's head, stroked it, etc and still nothing so I will keep trying things. Thanks..Bill