Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Questions About Blogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
The Blog system gives you your own personal space at IRV2 Forums.

Blogs are intended for journaling, travelogues and commentary but not for asking informational questions or engaging others in discussion. If you have a question, please post it to one of the forum topic ares.

To start a blog click on the blog tab and then use the options on the left side tool bar to get started. Blogs are editable and you can load images into you blog. Other members may leave comments about your blog posting so check back periodically. A blog is a great way to document a trip or restoration!

Saving blog entry in draft form ... and how to finalize

You may save unfinished blog posts by clicking 'Save Draft' in the blog entry window. To complete the post follow steps 1, 2 & 3 in the next image. Finish writing your blog entry or add images. And then scroll down to 'Miscellaneous Options' and change the Publish Status to 'Publish Now' (step 4 in second image below). Click 'Save Changes.'
Hi

I just discovered this interesting feature!
Your instructions are most informative, but I have a couple of questions:

1) Does the "Edit" function remain active, or does it expire after some length of time?
2)If the "comments" function is enabled, are they subject to deletion by the Blog Author or the Moderators?
3)Who has Intellectual Property Rights to the contents of the Blog itself?
That is, does IRV2 own any Blog Entries published here first, or do those rights remain in the Author?

Thanks!

Francesca
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Hi

I just discovered this interesting feature!
Your instructions are most informative, but I have a couple of questions:

1) Does the "Edit" function remain active, or does it expire after some length of time?
2)If the "comments" function is enabled, are they subject to deletion by the Blog Author or the Moderators?
3)Who has Intellectual Property Rights to the contents of the Blog itself?
That is, does IRV2 own any Blog Entries published here first, or do those rights remain in the Author?

Thanks!

Francesca

1. You may edit blog entries indefinitely.
2. You can moderate your own comments
3. You retain the these rights and may publish the same content elsewhere but you also grant iRV2 the right to publish the blog here. If you're asking 'can irv2 republish my blog posts as a best seller and get really, really, rich without my consent' the answer is no. For more info on this however, you can read our Terms of service

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
If you're asking 'can irv2 republish my blog posts as a best seller and get really, really, rich without my consent' the answer is no.

I'll share the wealth if you'll share the blame!

Thanks for the clarifications...

Francesca
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote