Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:10 AM   #15

Thanks for all the anti-virus suggestions. This is only happening on my Android Galaxy Note 5. Desktop with Avast and Ad-Block run fine. iPad also runs fine. Only happens on the Galaxy Note 5 phone and only on irv2.com

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2017, 02:35 PM   #16

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
Thanks for all the anti-virus suggestions. This is only happening on my Android Galaxy Note 5. Desktop with Avast and Ad-Block run fine. iPad also runs fine. Only happens on the Galaxy Note 5 phone and only on irv2.com
I'm not sure if you've said this, but have you tried the Android App to see if that works any differently or better?

RCCFleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:53 PM   #17

American Coach Owners Club
To me it seems to be this site -- when I go to RVFORUM.NET == this does not happen.
Just tested both about 5 minutes ago.
This has been happening in the same timeframe another poster mentioned

thx -- Dale
Old 01-23-2017, 03:10 PM   #18

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale70 View Post
To me it seems to be this site -- when I go to RVFORUM.NET == this does not happen.
Just tested both about 5 minutes ago.
This has been happening in the same timeframe another poster mentioned

thx -- Dale
That's curious. I'm running both the browser version and the app version on several devices, and don't have any of the issues you're reporting, so that tells me that it's possible that it's certain devices and/or operating system versions that have the problem. I'm sure they'd like to get as much info as possible.

Any chance that the devices in question have had any updates installed on them recently? Sometimes OS updates will "break" things on developers, too.

One of my Android devices is running a pretty old Android OS, version 4.3, and it is working OK. My phone is running Android 6.0, and it, too is working OK.
RCCFleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:17 PM   #19

I still have the freezing -- does not happen on other internet sites visited.

Running Google Chrome --
Windows 7 Pro --
Laptop with 16 GB ram
Comcast Xfinity
Webroot security

thx -- Dale
Old 01-24-2017, 03:27 PM   #20

Thought it was just my old Chromebook on this less than stellar wi-fi here in the RV park. But, it also happens when I'm on my Verizon phone as a hotspot.
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:51 PM   #21

Affected device:
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Android version 6.02
Chrome browser v55.0.2883.91
Internet is Cox
Router is Netgear AC3200 running latest firmware

All other devices work without issue using the same internet connection. Still only happens on this site. I have not tried the app. I prefer the browser.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2017, 07:48 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For several days, our Firefox browser would lockup and display "not responding" error on viewing or visiting irv2.com. We tried rebooting our computer and it works up until we sign on and open the same irv2.com tab.
It cleared up mysteriously this AM.
Will see if lockups return, but very mysterious indeed.
Did not think of it, but if it happens again, it may help trouble shoot the issue if someone tries opening the irv2.com web page in one running browser application while other pages are opened in a separate open browser program operation.
Just thinking....
Old 01-25-2017, 07:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLE373 View Post
For several days, our Firefox browser would lockup and display "not responding" error on viewing or visiting irv2.com. We tried rebooting our computer and it works up until we sign on and open the same irv2.com tab.
It cleared up mysteriously this AM.
Will see if lockups return, but very mysterious indeed.
Did not think of it, but if it happens again, it may help trouble shoot the issue if someone tries opening the irv2.com web page in one running browser application while other pages are opened in a separate open browser program operation.
Just thinking....
Does this only happen on the irv2.com website? All other sites run without issue?
Old 01-25-2017, 06:38 PM   #24

I opened IRV2 with IE and have tried that a few times.
It seems to lock up less and when it does it eventually gives an error about a SCRIPT not running.

How can I find out what script that is????

thx Dale
Old 01-25-2017, 06:44 PM   #25

Sorry for another post but still exploring this.

Moved to Firefox -- again decent but locked up a bit and then gave an error of a script not working. One more time -- How do I find out the issue and fix it???

thanks again -- Dale
Old 01-25-2017, 08:43 PM   #26

I can't get this site to run decently on anything - not on my old XP machine, not on my new 10 Machine, not with Chrome or Edge - locks up, triggers the page not responding message... beats me. guess I'll check back in a few days to see if its better - but I have been having this issue for weeks so I won't hold my breath. pretty much unusable for me.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:14 AM   #27

It has been locking up on me in Edge, IE and on my Android for the past 2 weeks. Getting ready to dump the site and move on.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:55 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
Does this only happen on the irv2.com website? All other sites run without issue?
No others sites currently trigger the not responding error. Right now irv2.com is stable on Firefox win10 64bit. Will trouble shoot if it does it again.