Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:44 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
I understand what's going on, I found the issue. The problem is with new thread notifications when someone starts a new thread in a forum you are subscribed to. It should not affect other system notifications. Only the emails when a new thread is started should not be sending that the moment.

I need to speak with Jeff about a solution. We will work to fix this ASAP but seeing it's the weekend it might not be until Monday before we can get this resolved. Sorry about the issue and thanks for your patience.
It has been 5 days and I am still not receiving any forum notifications other than new threads. Will this be resolved or should I just stop waiting?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2010, 07:12 AM   #16
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
While your on the subject, may I ask how do you set up instant notification on a forum?

MM , I hope you don't mind me sticking in this question.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
While your on the subject, may I ask how do you set up instant notification on a forum?

MM , I hope you don't mind me sticking in this question.

Cliff
Cliff, go to your user CP, edit options under settings and options. Under default thread mode you can subscribe for instant, daily, weekly e mail notifications.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:50 AM   #18
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Cliff, go to your user CP, edit options under settings and options. Under default thread mode you can subscribe for instant, daily, weekly e mail notifications.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Jim

I get notifications on threads. I thought they were talking about forums,ie: Fleetwood or Ford.

Cliff

Old 05-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #19
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Yes, you can subscribe to forums. To do so, just navigate to the forum you want to subscribe to and then click on the forum tools drop down menu. There you will see a link to subscribe to that forum. Please see the attachment for a visual.

Keep in mind this will only send you one email when a new discussion is added, it will not send you every post like the old software.

MM, can you please resubscribe to the forums that you would like to get notifications of?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5-21-2010 9-44-10 AM.png
Views:	38
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	4096  
Old 05-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #20
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Andy. That's exactly what I wanted to do.

Cliff

Old 05-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
FYI Andy..I performed the "reset" (I un-subscribed and then re-subscribed" to the three forums) about 8:00 Pacific time.
I have it set for immediate email notification. I have not received anything at this time. (I know the forum seems a bit slow right now-but there is at least one post that I should have been notified of.)

On a side note...I am no longer subscribed to the NorthWest region forum (or any other regional forum, for that matter) but I am getting notification from that forum.

Why don't we wait until tonight to see what happens?
Thanks for your help.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hi Andy...Here are the results from yesterday's posts:
  • Received the two new threads notifications in Excel
  • Received only the post from TomSKP in this thread -which I am subscribed to (PS- TW's post should be moved to Newmar or someplace else since this thread is Excel Only)
  • Received this new post on a thread I am subscribed to.
I have NOT received any other post or thread from Monaco in all of the messages that were posted yesterday. I also did NOT receive any of the responses to the new threads or any other posts in Excel. (They are not in Spam -they are not in the Trash..and this is via a Gmail account.)

You can see the three Forums I am subscribed to in that document.

I am at least trying to keep up on the Member forums...but it is hard to do without the notifications.

Thanks for any help you can come up with.
Attached Files
File Type: doc subscribed thread.doc (172.0 KB, 49 views)