Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #1

Tapatalk?

Any interest in making the forum Tapatalk friendly? By doing that it would make posting pictures easier as members can do it from their iPad or phone directly.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #2

Im not a software person but IRV2 would have to start hosting images which is something I think they dont do as of now right?

Old 01-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
We have no plans to add Tapatalk.

We have a Photos section where photos are hosted. The link is in the green toolbar at the top of every page.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #4

I actually find the current format easier than Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2474623979.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	380.1 KB
ID:	31682  
Old 01-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to adehaan86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaddinmad40 View Post
I actually find the current format easier than Tapatalk
Jealous of picture

And i do love the new tapatalk hd app. But i am happy since both apps are free. Thanks irv2
adehaan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
We have no plans to add Tapatalk.

We have a Photos section where photos are hosted. The link is in the green toolbar at the top of every page.
Thre is a GREEN tool bar at the top of every page???

(OH, before you do anything but laugh.. I found the link.. I am not .. quite... color blind but Well.let's just say I'm color "Weak" so it's my eyes, not your board).
Old 01-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajd33 View Post
Im not a software person but IRV2 would have to start hosting images which is something I think they dont do as of now right?
Tapatalk will host the pictures.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #8

iRV2 No Limits Club
I tried Tapatalk and quickly deleted it, it does not give me the control I prefer through the web site, i.e. using the "new post".
Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatche View Post
I tried Tapatalk and quickly deleted it, it does not give me the control I prefer through the web site, i.e. using the "new post".
Referring to the plugimn that allows you to view recent post? I like Tapatalk because it has multiple tabs, one for all new post on threads and another just for threads you have posted in.

On a computer the website is fine however on a phone or tablet I find tapatalk easier, faster and uses less battery life since there is less to load so you use less data.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #10

Is there are lot to make the site Tapatalk friendly? I use Tapatalk for a couple other forums and absolutely love it. When my brother in law first told me about this site while we were camping, I took out my phone, opened the tapatalk app and was dissapointed that it wasn't there. It is really a pain to use the forum in a non-mobile version on a 4.3" screen. I can imagine it is worse for those with iPhones 1-4s.

I like that it gives me notifications whenever anyone replies to one of my subscribed topics or recieve a PM and I don't have to deal with having it emailed. As stated before, the recent posts and picture hosting are very handy as well.

No, you don't get all the functionality of the web-based site, but it delivers the forum in an easy, quick manor.

And for those that don't like it, (like there are some on the other forums that I'm on), you don't have to use it. It would be something very nice to have for those that use the app.

EIDT:

Found the irv2 app in the Google Play store. Loaded and happy.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm reviving a dead thread, I know. I was never a Tapatalk fan, however Tapatalk is now free to users. Disadvantages aside, Tapatalk is excellent for keeping track of new posts to threads and even new threads in "favorite" forums. It'll keep track of all your Tapatalk friendly forums in one app, so there's no need to download multiple apps. I guess I am a fan now.

Every other kid on the block has Tapatalk for their forum. (The obligatory whine.)
Old 02-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
What the heck is this TapaTalk anyway. I don't do face book either. I just email my friends and family with pictures. I don''t need face book, do I need TapaTalk.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
If you're a smart phone user (I'm not). Tapatalk is an app for keeping track of your forums, your favorite threads, replies to your threads, etc. It'll keep track of multiple forums so no need to load different apps. I use it on my tablet. I tried it once it became free and really like it for it's notifications.

I'm with you on Facebook. I have an account but go months between using it. Pain in the rear, it is.