Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:51 AM   #1

This is the section where I think a question involving connectivity and this site would get posted and I don't see it here.

Over at rv.net there is a thread discussing how a member of both forums got 'hijacked' when trying to access this site: http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/19268288.cfm

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2007, 06:51 AM   #2

This is the section where I think a question involving connectivity and this site would get posted and I don't see it here.

Over at rv.net there is a thread discussing how a member of both forums got 'hijacked' when trying to access this site: http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/19268288.cfm

Old 03-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Maybe he an't (sic) getting there or here cause its (sic) irv2.com not net.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was on IRV2.net this morning and after looking at one of the posts I lost connectivity with the IRV2 site. Now every time I try to access I end up with "Network Solution" an advertisement spot. The address line is still http://irv2.net/ but I an't getting there. Looks like the site is being rerouted. Any suggestions or anyone knows whats up??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:47 AM   #4

If you read the whole thread, & I firmly suggest that always, you will see that several are saying worm, he's got a worm.

All seem to think it's just in his machine. But I found it interesting that he chose to discuss the subject there. But then I guess he hasn't managed to clean things up enough on his machine to get back here.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:07 AM   #5

Yep it was me. Don't know what happened. I had a "favorite" set which had worked for several months. After looking at one of the posts, I look at so many I forgot which one, I hit "back" and went to net solutions. Maybe just a glich but when I change the .net to .com it worked just fine. Angain, don't know if something changed the .com to a .net or what occurred. Don't have a worm or anything as such. Maybe "hi-jacked" was too harsh a term to use...sorry. Of course i'm getting a little elderly so it may have been a senior moment...how enjoyable. It does add a little excitement to my days.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:29 AM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

Glad to know everything is ok with your setup, thanks for your continued support of iRV2.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:56 AM   #7

FYI jk_and_dog, I run on Firefox, unless I have to use IE. But I've found that bookmarks do wear out over time. I usually, just type in the url and reset them. Delete the old one.

Whatever works, eh!

Old 03-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
What I do is
every once in a while I re save to favorites and delete the older one--
this has worked for all web sites with forums-and it also depends on what you have history set at.or cookie deletion.

lamont from Virginia
Old 03-08-2007, 02:27 AM   #9

The bug is still out there, but for others: http://www.woodalls.com/cforum/index...d/19284667.cfm

Old 03-09-2007, 07:18 AM   #10

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes anyways. Why can't I get into the chat rooms?? I follow all the directions and when the page comes up all I see is a blank page shaded Blue?? Tried everything I could think of to fix it but have finally given up. I use Mozilla Fire Fox which is supposed to be ok. Only thing I can think of is a Fire wall hidden away some where that I can't find?? (Lap top is Windows XP and currently I'm connected by WiFi
Old 03-09-2007, 07:34 AM   #11
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dick Tyler welcome to irv2
Do you have the latest Java upload if you enter GO top left, you will gain access to the chat rooms click on any one and you should get the little man loading than see your signin in the window any time of the day. You maybe alone until the evening of chat.
You may also get a blockage in you browser asking if you want to allow it.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:10 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dick Tyler:
Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes anyways. Why can't I get into the chat rooms?? I follow all the directions and when the page comes up all I see is a blank page shaded Blue?? Tried everything I could think of to fix it but have finally given up. I use Mozilla Fire Fox which is supposed to be ok. Only thing I can think of is a Fire wall hidden away some where that I can't find?? (Lap top is Windows XP and currently I'm connected by WiFi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same problem when I'm at home. We have a satellite connection to the internet which is not as fast as DSL or Cable. When we go camping, if the camground has a fast wireless network I can get into the chat rooms with exactly the same computer and settings, so it must have something to do with either the speed of the connection, or the type of connection.

I don't know if there is anything you can do about it. I do know however, that I can access chat features on other sites, so it may have something to do with the software that iRV2 has chosen--it may require a particular speed connection higher than other sites.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:20 AM   #13

Thanks Gary. That sounds reasonable. Guess there's nothing I can do about it so I'll just grin and bear another month without our chat room. Will be home about mid April and can get back to my Road Runner hookup. If that isn't fast enough then I'll just give up.

2003 R-Vision Trail Lite 22' B+
Reno-NY is offline   Reply With Quote