Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2015, 06:50 PM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
This is driving me nuts!

I am CONSTANTLY getting the error page "THE CONNECTION WAS RESET", followed by "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading". This in only happening on IRV2! I thought it was my old computer and bought a new one last week, which does the same thing!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2015, 07:24 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
I am guessing that you are using Windows. If you are, try these commands at the cmd prompt:
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

There is a space between ipconfig and the /.
This is most likely a router or internet service provider issue. I am not seeing this problem on IRV2 when I am posting. The fact that you have experienced this problem on two computers eliminates the computers as a problem and points to network issues.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
As I've stated before, anytime any member has an issue, it is important to tell us:
  • What device you're accessing the site with
  • What browser you're using & if it's an app
  • What OS you have

We need that info to help & to see if something is common with any of those.

It's like someone posting they're having an issue with their levelers without telling us year/make/model of RV or even what brand levelers they have. Our members can't give accurate advice for resolution without knowing enough info. What someone tells me to do for my Atwood Levelegs wouldn't apply to HWH levelers.

So please, don't just report an issue, provide enough background info so we can narrow down advice.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:57 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I'm using Windows 7 on both computers. My "new" computer is a Dell refurbished machine. I use Firefox.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:25 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfmorgan View Post
I am guessing that you are using Windows. If you are, try these commands at the cmd prompt:
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

This is most likely a router or internet service provider issue. I am not seeing this problem on IRV2 when I am posting. The fact that you have experienced this problem on two computers eliminates the computers as a problem and points to network issues.

Brad, I'm using Windows 7. How do I get to the cmd prompt?
Old 10-19-2015, 10:12 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hit the Windows key and type in "cmd" without quotes.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:04 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
OK, I did that. We'll hope does some good. Thanks!
Old 10-20-2015, 08:24 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

UPDATE- this made a HUGE difference! It has only done that a couple of times since I put those commands in! Thanks Brad!
Old 10-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #9

I was using W-7, and IE, to log in to iRV2, and having issues, not the same as yours.
I switched to W-10, and started using Google Chrome; on advice from DW and the iRV2 support team; for log-ins, and in 6 weeks have not seen any of the old issues cropping up.
Now to figure out how to get her Acer all in one, to load W-10 as easily as it installed into my HP lap top.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:17 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When I get that it usually indicates a flakey internet connection, Not the computer but the modem/router link.

Or sometimes I very strongly suspect it is the "other end" but since I do not see it here I doubt that's the case. (I get it on other pages).
Old 10-20-2015, 03:33 PM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have a Mac Book Pro and have the same problem on other sites(but not on this site) when I use "free" Wi-Fi. I agree with WA8YXM....
87Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:29 AM   #12
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Brad, it's starting to get worse again! Do these commands need to be repeated at regular intervals?
Old 10-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Brad, it's starting to get worse again! Do these commands need to be repeated at regular intervals?
I suspect your problem is not your computer but your internet connection and/or your equipment in the house - this is your network or LAN (Local Area Network) or the ISP(Internet Service Provider) ie Comcast, AT&T etc.

I say this because it was happening on your old computer too and the commands you entered are networking commands and they may have helped then failed.

What internet service provider and equipment do you have? Are you on a wireless connection or a cable? If wireless, how far are you from your router? Are there other computers on your network - this can include devices such as DVR's, TV's, Dish or DirecTV etc.

Are you sure this never happens when browsing to other websites? Or do you just come here 95% of the time and assume it is irv2.com?
Old 10-21-2015, 11:30 AM   #14

This use to happen to me a lot when I used an older USB WiFi antenna. The age of the RV parks system, or that of the local ISP, contributed to the issue. Over the years, ISP and RV park systems have gotten much better but in the meantime, I purchased a high gain WiFi antenna from Amazon. This lets me squeeze every ounce of signal out of what's available. But I'll also move to a different space in a park to seek out the best signal.

So these sorts of errors, "THE CONNECTION WAS RESET", followed by "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading" happen to me much less frequently. But, at a RV park where they resist installing and maintaining newer WiFi equipment to meet the demand, it still happens occasionally. And I move on to another park quickly when it does.

Just thinking that perhaps you might consider purchasing a newer high gain USB antenna for your computer to improve the situation? (If you now use an internal antenna in a laptop, that can be shut off so a USB type can be used).

PS I'm using a Panda Wireless 300 BPS USB stick antenna and a 2 meter extension cable that allows me to position the antenna for best reception.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote