Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #71

Excel Owners Club
If it has improved....it is very very little. Still very slow on page loading. I have Windows XP SP3 IE 7. Verizon air card.....no problems on other sites. Thanks for working on this issue. rockin'

2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #72

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Part of problem is the page itself

The first page of this thread is 241,801 bytes. Of this 64,200 bytes are extraneous blanks and tabs. This is 27% of the total page size. Wouldn't it be nice if the pages loaded 27% faster because there is less information to transfer over the Internet or your 3G modem?

alvinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #73
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinc View Post
The first page of this thread is 241,801 bytes. Of this 64,200 bytes are extraneous blanks and tabs. This is 27% of the total page size. Wouldn't it be nice if the pages loaded 27% faster because there is less information to transfer over the Internet or your 3G modem?
I'll work on getting rid of the white space tonight.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #74
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post

For now, I have to stay w/Firefox for iRV2 on my laptop. For the rest of the internet sites I visit w/no issues, I'll still use IE because I already have a ton of them saved in my favorites list & I don't wanna have to go thru all that again w/Firefox. Plus there are some sites I can access better thru IE than Foxfire. Go figure.

Lori-
Just a tip. In firefox, if you click file -> import, you can import all of your IE bookmarks to FF..

http://www.whatever.com
Tech Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #75
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinc View Post
I get 38.x KB for the first page. Your browser should be accepting gzip compression. You may be seeing the stats of the page after it is gzip'd. If it is accepting the compression, the white space should have minimal effect.

Most browsers request/accept gzip compression these days.

http://www.whatever.com
Tech Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #76

Monaco Owners Club
Well, you guys have done something, because mine was one of the slow page loading ones, and without changing anything on my part it's loading much faster. It's still not quite as fast as the older version of iRV2 but at least it's acceptable.

Thanks...
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #77
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Little change for me with IE. Forum loads complete in about 10 seconds now. Scrolling is still jerky. I cannot use my touchpad on the laptop to scroll; it won't move the page at all. I have to use either the scroll bars in the margins or my up/down arrow keys. Opening a thread takes about 5-7 seconds to load. Same issue with scrolling.

Compared to IE, Firefox is lightning fast.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #78
JCM

Triple E Owners Club
I too find this to be the slowest site I browse. I am using an Air Card and in Benson Az I had a download of 14 -50K - It was unusable. Here in Bullhead city I have 3 G but it is still extreemly slow. Usually the page redraws over itself as I scroll down if and when it finaly shows up. Maybe you just have too many add on ads.
The old system was great.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #79

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On Tuesday evening I upgradeded the DW's lap top IE from 7.5?? to 8.0 and saw a huge differance. The issue has gone away for us. I'm getting use to the new look and the way thing work, I think I like.
Thanks for all the work and time you've put in.

06 33' winnebago Voyage 33V
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:49 AM   #80

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Thumbs up

Hi: It may just be my life style but when I consider all the free things I get from this forum; I can't for the life of me get upset 'cause I have to wait 5-30 seconds for a page to load. If it's slow I get a cup of coffee, if it's slow i watch for the deer and turkeys to cross the yard. Life for me does not revolve around the keys of this computer. It's fun to find out about rv'ing from all those that's on this web site.
I switched from IE to firefox and did indeed notice a speedup of the forum. I use att wireless-an old dell laptop,xp or when traveling I use a toshiba w/vista. I can't tell much difference between the two-except the cities that have TRUE 3g service. I've never seen a new product that didn't need a tweak here and there. Keep up the good work...
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #81

Excel Owners Club
I just updated to IE 8 and it seems to be a wee bit faster! May be my imagination.....but think it better. Thanks. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #82
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Less than 2 seconds from the main menu to this page using IE and RV park wi-fi.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #83

Thumbs up

Just for comparison. I have a new Dell laptop, couple of quick processors and 4g memory. A month ago, using IE7, it took about 3 seconds to load the page so I could scroll down it. Last week, using IE8, it took about 2 seconds. I just downloaded and installed the Google Chrome Browser recommended here, (took maybe a minute to complete the operation), and now the page downloading is intantaneous. Before I can move my mouse to the post, the whole page is loaded. Congratulations, guys, on a job well done. IMHO, it is worth the download and effort to install Google Chrome. You can also import all your bookmarks. Way faster than IE on most sites. Quickly becoming my favorite.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #84

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
glarnold.. thanks so much for the recommendation of Google Chrome. i was using IE7 then went to Firefox,loading went faster by 2/3rds.this chrome is twice as fast as firefox. thanks again...

skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote