Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2009, 09:50 AM   #1

This is the slowest of all sites, period

During the average day I go to numerious RV related forum sites and the normal download time is about 10-15 seconds. This is the site that is the slowest of any it takes 30-35 seconds to come up at the fastest download and the normal seems to be about a minute and a half, and then to move from one thread to another can take 20-50 seconds . Is there not some way you can fix this.

JMHO.
jaxfl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #2

How are you accessing the internet? Dial-up? Cable?

I am using a cable modem and my times, although a bit slow, are nowhere near as slow as the ones you report. Switching threads take from 3-20 seconds.

Steve
StevePav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:08 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I have an air card so all sites are slow. Since going to the new soft ware over the past 2 weeks I have seen a speed up.
Hopefully all of the problems with a new system will be fixed.
Keep up the good work.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would suspect your IP may be a problem. I can access the site quickly at work (T1 connections) or at home on DSL and WiFi.

How are you connecting and what software are you using?

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #5

I am using a (T1 connections) from work and my WIFI at home is even slower. What I said is that I go to a lot of sites each day (using the (T1 connections) ) and the same computer and this is the slowest. For the fastest of the forum sites go to http://www.trailerlife.com/cforum/index.cfm if what to see a fast sight.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I am using DSL at home and T1 in the office. The index page on your link does come up faster but when I go to one of the forum links the download speeds are about the same.

Strange thing happened as I went to post the reply...the system acted as if it locked up but took about 25 seconds to post. First time this has happened to me.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
i use an air card exclusively. I really don't see a difference between iRV2 and other forums I visit. I even tried Trailer Life a few time over the last few weeks and I not seen a difference between here and there.

Maybe you should take a look and see how many abandoned .tmp files you have on your hard drive. Search your hard drive (C: and D: if you have a D: drive) for *.tmp and delete all those abandoned files. Windows is not very tidy when it come to cleaning up after itself. Also, delete all of the Internet Explorer temporary files. Once you get rid of them then DEFRAG your drive. This goes a long way for speeding up a PC.

Another thing you can look for is a program that cleans your registry and deletes broken links. I use a freeware program called REGISTRYFIX but there may be better ones out there. I certainly would like to hear about any better programs for this.

Surfing the internet get a lot of crap (for lack of a better term) onto your PC without you knowledge. This stuff really slows down your PC.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I do not have any complaints about the speeds as all sites load very quick.

I use either a new dual core, 4gb ram, Vista based machine or a 7 year old laptop running XP with 1gb ram. The Vista machine is super fast, but the XP laptop is no slouch either.

In either case I am using a Verizon USB727 wireless card and the connection speeds are about 2000KB/sec which gives an actual DL speed of about 290KB/sec.

You can check your connection and speeds using this LINK
Look for the "speed test"
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
I use Verizon aircard with broadband hookup. This site got very slow for me when the change was made. I have no other problems with other sites. ZZZZZzzzzzz
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
1/2 second from page to page and forum to forum to reload page, no porblems at all have AT&T Broadband. You may want to check your virus scan program, the new software may have something that your security software is slowing down. If other sites are fast and this is slowed down, that may be it. Turn off your virus scan and security and see if it makes a difference.

If it does, report it back to the system administrator here! Tell them what software you use for security.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #11

Just to open this this tread took 195 seconds, over 3 minutes for this to open so I could respond. Like Tmar10 says also sometimes I think the system locked up or know that it is me and I have been locked out. Really
Old 03-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
.12 seconds to go from main page to this one, according to the timer.

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfl69 View Post
Just to open this this tread took 195 seconds, over 3 minutes for this to open so I could respond. Like Tmar10 says also sometimes I think the system locked up or know that it is me and I have been locked out. Really
First, let me state that their is a strong possibility that some may be having problems, I really believe you. However, most people are having no problem with speed. That means that is is not solely the new system. It may also mean that it may not be solely your system. The problem could be the compatibility with the communication between your system and the IRV2 system. Again, try using internet explorer instead of your ISP, does it make a difference? Try turning off your security, does that make a difference? If you have access to another computer, try that, does that make a difference?
Old 03-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
This new system has worked very well and it seems ironic that as I responded that all is well on my end....I have my one and only issue with the system. Karma of some kind, I guess.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote