Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I've been computing since 1985 and have gotten only one virus, and that was on a laptop years ago and I deserved it for the site I went to. I disabled all firewalls, anti-virus and spyware programs and my desktop boots a minute and 20 seconds sooner. I don't advocate this for anyone, just my observations. I do have a router, if that helps protect against unwanted intrusions.
I have an app Ghostery which blocks trackers. I'm blocking 9 trackers now on this site. (without it you now have at least 9 tracking cookies on your computer) Without protection you will soon be in trouble. I own a software company and have 2 firewalls plus Avast anti virus on all my computers. Even with this protection I still get a virus now and then. There are some that will destroy your computer and all your information.

You can download a free spyware program Spybot and run it to get rid of the spyware. I do it every other day and always find something. A router does nothing against viruses or attacks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #58

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
I have an app Ghostery which blocks trackers. I'm blocking 9 trackers now on this site. (without it you now have at least 9 tracking cookies on your computer) Without protection you will soon be in trouble. I own a software company and have 2 firewalls plus Avast anti virus on all my computers. Even with this protection I still get a virus now and then. There are some that will destroy your computer and all your information.

You can download a free spyware program Spybot and run it to get rid of the spyware. I do it every other day and always find something. A router does nothing against viruses or attacks.
What? No NoScript and AdBlock Pro? I run these and also notice the last little bit of the page load where I'm waiting on irv2.com..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Curious. I just checked my back arrow and worked fine. I'm running IE8 on XP, btw.

I never use the back arrow anyway. I've found it is much faster when opening a post from a forum menu to right click on the post, then Open in New Window. When I'm done with the post, I close the window and I'm right back at the menu.
Middle button, middle button, middle button...

Old 10-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #59

Winnebago Owners Club
No problem here in CA. Everything loads as fast as always. It may just be the cable or wifi services you are using in your neck of the woods.
svdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #60

It is not 42. Trust me.

I got perma-banned from The RV Forum Community for something that just got laughs here. There is one staff member there that has a high post count and looks smart because he cuts and pastes what the posters before him post.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #61

Vintage RV Owners Club
Just thought the "Powers that be" might be interested to know:

I'm one of those that finds the advertising interesting and have not taken the steps to eliminate it from the page.
While I have no trouble with the IRV2 speed/backpage etc., I HAVE noticed that the advertising at the right side of the page often loads very slowly, if at all.
The lower right portion often has the "Google Chrome Can't Find" error message.
There's no effect on the quality/speed of the threadpage I'm looking at when this is happening.

Not that I care, really- just thought the site might be unaware of the malfunction, which I presume could affect ad revenues.

Francesca
Old 10-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #62

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
KZ RV Club
Been working fine for me. I didn't notice any slowdowns but then again I'm never in a hurry anyway.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #63
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No problem in Texas....

Ken
Old 10-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #64

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
It is not 42. Trust me.

I got perma-banned from The RV Forum Community for something that just got laughs here. There is one staff member there that has a high post count and looks smart because he cuts and pastes what the posters before him post.
That wouldn't be the one with the initials D. A.?
Old 10-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #65

Nope, his first name starts with G.

I could log on with a different email addy, but I don't have any desire to mingle with that group. They don't know how to have fun. No offense to anybody that is a member of that forum. A lot of good info there, just not my style.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
I own a software company so I know about these things. This site has been slowing down for awhile now. It's getting so bad that it took me almost 5 minutes to write and post this....
Just took me 30 sec. to respond.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Just took me 30 sec. to respond.
This is driving me nuts. I've been into computers since 1985. Built them and programmed them. Something in my all systems (3 different computers) is slowing this site down. It seems to be only this site as I'm on other forums and they are fine. I just switched to a different air card and still the same. Closed down the firewall, anti virus and everything else I can shut down and still the same.

Have to wait 30 - 45 seconds to load a thread half way and then it locks up. 30 - 45 seconds later it loads.

Typing this post the words are way far behind my typing....
Old 10-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #68

That sound like you computer has issues. I use Opera 10.10 and have no issues, and I would be the the first to complain in this thread if I had slow-downs. Try FF, Chrome or Safari and see if it does the same.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #69

Working fine from Southern Ohio...