Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #1

Threads Moved???

Why is it that when a thread goes against some big company it is shoved off into some distant corner. A place where only teck savy tecks go. Dishnet comments were moved to -- Technology: internet, TV, satellite, cell. Most everything on OUR form are technical in some form or another. The move of the Disnet problem wasn't teck. It was bad service. I posted a comment about Gramins new RV GPS and how what use to be free now cost $100.00. Was moved off the main page to a far distant corner of teck land. I love this forum and it has helped me be a better M/H operator. If Dishnet gives bad service I really don't think I need to look in the tech book to find it out.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #2
Community Administrator

It appears your referring to a thread from Nov 2 2013. If a thread refers to technology and it is in a general forum , we move it to get the best viewing possible.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 01-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #3

Good question! I just checked on a posting that I have been following in the 'boondocking' section and I see that it has been moved. I guess that 'others' know better then those of us that use them.
Lets see what the response is.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
If you want the best answer put it in the correct forum technology don't belong in the tech forum for example people interested in computers won't be in the how do I fix my hot water heater forum .. But that is just the way I think.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
If you want the best answer put it in the correct forum technology don't belong in the tech forum for example people interested in computers won't be in the how do I fix my hot water heater forum .. But that is just the way I think.
Correct! It is important to post in the appropriate area of the forum, so that your thread will get the best visibility and response.

From the iRV2 Community Rules:
Posts are to be made in the topically appropriate forum area and may be moved to meet this standard. Posts made in the various 'Owners' forums should be relative to the brand of that forum.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
It's important to realize that if you have a question about anything, simply type the question in the search box. It will find topics on your question in any part of the forum no matter where it is.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mainly they're moved because they are initially posted in the wrong forum. A prime example would be posting this question in the Class A forum nothing more sinister than that.

Correct procedure in this case would have been use the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of any page since your question involves Discussing Moderator Action which is not allowed by The Community Rules. The question has been left in the open forum rather than give the appearance that threads are moved to protect iRV2 or it's sponsors.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Closed Thread