Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #1

The Mission Statement:
"Our Mission: "Efficiently support the thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experiences among RV enthusiasts""

Note the word "Efficiently" yet there are so many different Forums or Catagories here that much knowledge and many experiences are lost in. How many water pump, microwave, satellite TV, tire, chassis, slideout and other problems that are common to many manufacturers are lost under individual manufacturer forums. How about Alaska, I wonder if there are messages on Alaska travel in all forums, or just the Northwest Region forum. How about campgrounds to visit, or avoid, where are they - EVERYWHERE !

There must be a good structure of division for exchange of, and reterival of all of this knowledge. There is a difference in "data" and "information".

Oh, and there is no 'B' Class forum !

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #2

The Mission Statement:
"Our Mission: "Efficiently support the thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experiences among RV enthusiasts""

Note the word "Efficiently" yet there are so many different Forums or Catagories here that much knowledge and many experiences are lost in. How many water pump, microwave, satellite TV, tire, chassis, slideout and other problems that are common to many manufacturers are lost under individual manufacturer forums. How about Alaska, I wonder if there are messages on Alaska travel in all forums, or just the Northwest Region forum. How about campgrounds to visit, or avoid, where are they - EVERYWHERE !

There must be a good structure of division for exchange of, and reterival of all of this knowledge. There is a difference in "data" and "information".

Oh, and there is no 'B' Class forum !

Old 12-03-2008, 08:05 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
I going out on a limb on this one, but you need to spend more time here,

the atmosphere of this site is like no other I've participated in on the internet,
it is Friendly and relaxed and it has indeed expanded its categories over the years.

I logon and there are always a few categories i seek first, then i look for 'new posts' that interest me.
Its easy once you know where people typically post the sort of things you are looking for.

Your knowledge of RV'ing and Class-B will be handy here,
give it a try before getting frustrated,
welcome,
Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:12 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dave

First let me welcome you to iRV2.com. We do hope you continue to visit with us.

Let me take my user hat off and put my moderator hat on. I hope I can dispel some of your concerns.

We decided to categorize the forums so that an owner of, let's say, a motorhome would not have to sift thru 5th wheel topics as many will not apply. Then we separated the RV Systems and Technology as these are often common regardless of the type of RV. When a topic is found in an RV Type topic that could be common a moderator will "link" that topic to a common topic. The Owner's Forums were created based on user requests to discuss Manufacturer Unique items. Occasionally we will find a common issue being discussed there and again a moderator will "link" that topic to a common area. When a thread is "linked" that means that the thread will show up in both topics. When a thread has been linked you will see an arrow within a box in front of the topic title.

Then there are areas for fun information and regional information. We found this is the most efficient way to support our members while maintaining the integrity of our mission statement.

Additionally, if you are looking for something unique, ie ALASKA, you can use the search function and search ALL TOPICS.

I hope I have dispelled some of your concerns. We realize we will never be able to make everyone happy all of the time. We try to keep most of the users as happy as we can. Believe me when I say that there is much discussion between moderators and administrators before a new topic is added. Our concern is that we do not want to create undo confusion with too many topics.

Again, we hope you continue to visit us and share your experiences.

BTW - There also is no Class C forum as Class A, B and C are lumped into MOTORHOMES to keep the number of topics to a minimum.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #5

Like the Mexico travel discussion, under the Canada area ?

Orr the "Boomers" sub, under the "South Central Region" sub, under the "REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES" sub, that in which I find travel info, general area questions, discussion of campgrounds and all kinds of "stuff"

How about all of the slide-out discussions in the 5er forums, when nearly all slide mechanisms motorhomes and trailers are made by 3 manufacturers, and all have similar failure modes.

I've been a member here since 06, so I'm not new, but it is a mind boggling collection of data. Look at the number of topics and posts in the forums - so much good info hidden in here!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Look at the number of topics and posts in the forums - so much good info hidden in here! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is why there is a search feature built into the software
Old 12-03-2008, 01:18 PM   #7

GMCtoyman: I have been a member here almost since the beginning; and I have to agree with you! It's way too "spread out". It needs to be set up something like the trailer life forums, so one can just "flip" thru the catagories that are if interest to him.

04 Everest 343L, 07 Chevy 3500 SRW,4x4,D/A,ext.cab
R.G.Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #8

I do not look at any of the forums anymore. I just look at the new postings. Scroll through them looking for topics that are of interest.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Many people have the New Since Last Visit link set as how they come into the forum.

Some of you might want to try it...

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Many people have the New Since Last Visit link set as how they come into the forum.

Some of you might want to try it...

MM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think having a section for just singles is splitting hairs just too far and excessive.BTW-I am single and I don't find anything different for me than anyone else.Then to change the title from singles to solo for correctness got me falling out of my chair.To make it more friendly,well I thought that change made it more stuffy than it is already in all forums what with the censorship already in place and the limitation for deletes.If for the most part the sites goal is info then it should be that,but then to go totally in the other dirrection is kind of confusing.I am apart of 5 different forums and all but this one there is room for good humor as well as solid info on subject matter.But back to the point of this thread,I agree there are some fluff sections that are not nessary and sends a mixed msg.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #11

How about getting rid of all the different "manufacturer" forums - Alpine, Winnebago, Fleetwood, Workhorse, Freightliner, Spartan & etc. Make them all class 'A', 'B', 'C' and so on then you have similar mechanisms and problems grouped with like items.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #12
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GMCtoyman:
How about getting rid of all the different "manufacturer" forums - Alpine, Winnebago, Fleetwood, Workhorse, Freightliner, Spartan & etc. Make them all class 'A', 'B', 'C' and so on then you have similar mechanisms and problems grouped with like items. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>GMBtoyman, No thank you. That's what they do over at RV.NET. Were different and we've been this way for a long time. We may yet expand the choices if it makes sense for us to do so. Everybody has their own piece of the pie and that's what makes us different.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #13
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Love the selection

TW

TW is offline   Reply With Quote