Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2015, 11:50 PM   #15

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Ads keep the lights on here. We could remove them all - how much are you willing to pay to support a site this size?

Barring that, you have multiple options to reduce or virtually eliminate ads:
1. Be logged in
2. Turn off the right column (via User CP)
3. Install an ad blocker for your browser.

I've done all 3 & see no ads.

Lori-
I'm stunned to see a Moderator actually tell people how to avoid ads. Most forums frown on any discussion on how to block ads; some will even moderate posts on that.

I do have to agree with Timon. I don't have any issues with most ads themselves but, because so many advertisers feel they have to put out ads that are obnoxious, playing loud video and/or audio, utilizing popups that are hard to get rid of, ads that hog bandwidth, etc., many of us have found it necessary to utilize ad blockers. What's really sad is, when enough people are using ad blockers, websites will be forced to charge for the use of their websites due to lost ad income. Some websites already do that and I refuse to pay.

What I cannot understand is why the advertisers that have obnoxious ads will endear people to them and their products or services. I do glance at the ads and if one is for a product or service I am interested in, I will look further into it. I actually depend on ads to inform me of new products or services but I will not do business with any business that has obnoxious advertisements, be they on the web, TV, radio, whatever.

Websites that depend on advertising income do have an obligation to keep the obnoxious ads off their web sites. Otherwise, they will find themselves losing ad income and it's highly unlikely they will survive as a paid for site.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2015, 03:19 AM   #16

99% of the time I log on with one of my android devices. No ads & no problems. it is slick.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote