Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:21 PM   #15

Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Thanks for the observations. I do very little scrolling up/down. It's mostly down when I'm reading through a thread. Once I get to the bottom I just click on the "Top" link (or FN+Home) & I'm shot to the top of the page again.

You also don't have to scroll down to get to a particular section. Use the drop down links from the very top toolbar (just under the banner photo) to be taken directly to the forum section you want to go.

The 'top' link?
It's possible that I'm just being a dork (and/or blind) - but what 'top' link?

1996 Fleetwood Southwind 34'
Podivin is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2016, 01:29 PM   #16
Scroll past the last post, past the Tags box, down past the You May Also Like, past the Reply Box, past the Currently Active, past Posting Rules, and past Similar Threads, and then on past the box with their other sites and then, below the copyright information is the third menu on the page, the last link reads "Top".

alvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:36 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	top.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	134331  
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:37 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Originally Posted by alvo View Post
My apologies. Sorry to have bothered everyone.
It is not a bother and it's actually nice that you cared enough to post so thanks for that. Your suggestions merit consideration and while redoing layout is not always easy we'll give it some thought. We do periodically tweak the site layout and have made a note to consider..
1964 Airstream Overlander | 1964 Globetrotter | Blog

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:53 PM   #19
There is limited templates with VBulletin forum software and ads generate money for the owners. Generally content above the fold is relevant when selling products and I dont think that implies to forums when visitors are mainly searching for answers.

I can live with the scrolling as I'm searching for a lot of answers at present as we are going full time shortly.
07 Newmar Canyon Star 3410 - 34' 11 FT WH W22 Chassis 8.1L 70K,
AussieRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #20

Thanks to both Alvo and Nlovnit, that's VERY helpful and I would never have found it.
By the time I got to the copyright stuff I figured I'd already gone too far, because what 'interesting' is below the copyright??

I'll use that a lot, as I'd often had a similar thought as the OP about how a 'back to the top' link sure would be nice. And oh look, there it is!
1996 Fleetwood Southwind 34'
Podivin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:00 PM   #21
There's an excellent book on the subject of website usability (and fun to read), Don't Make Me Think by Steve Krug

Read it here: http://www.avis.it/userfiles/file/Do...nd_Ed_2005.pdf
alvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:22 PM   #22
Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I never scroll except by doing this.

I try to visit the site every day.
I bring up NEW POSTS

As I scroll down the posts and find something interesting
I push the Control Key
Holding the control key I click my mouse on the thread I want to view.
A new window pops up!
I continue to bring up all the threads I am interested in, in anew window.
At times I might have a dozen or so windows open.

I than go through and read or reply to the posts or just close them out and the next one pops up.

This is a real time saver and no scrolling or very little is involved.

Not sure if I explained it right but if not, somebody with better skills at computer might be able to explain it better!

narampa is offline   Reply With Quote