Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2016, 04:06 PM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Trouble accessing iRV2! - Update Posts 11, 41, 76

For the last several days I have had a lot of trouble accessing IRV2! I don't have any problems with other sites. Are we having trouble with the site?
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2016, 04:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
For the last several days I have had a lot of trouble accessing IRV2! I don't have any problems with other sites. Are we having trouble with the site?
It went offline for me this morning. OK now.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:16 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
It hasn't been good for about three days now.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:18 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
As far as I can tell it was shut down for part of the day today. However, I have not had any difficulties previously on other days.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:55 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I now get a message that says something LIKE:

"CHECKING YOUR BROWSER BEFORE REDIRECTING IN 5 SECONDS."

Got it with two different computers using two different operating systems.

Other than that it works fine.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:06 PM   #6

Yep, me too. I have gotten it twice today, and copied the message just now to post it here and ask "What's up?"

Checking your browser before accessing irv2.com.

This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.
Please allow up to 5 seconds…
DDoS protection by CloudFlare
Ray ID: 2655e9dacfad29cb
scottandanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:45 AM   #7

I am sure the moderators and admins are well aware of the issues and working very hard to get things back to normal; clearly this is not a simple issue. Imagine how frustrated they are (the fact that there is a DDoS screening message coming up seems to indicate this is not a simple hiccup or something of their doing).

Let's give them a chance to resolve the problems and not beat up the very people who are trying to fix things.
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 08:37 AM   #8
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi Lisa,

Yep, some on IOS devices are having white screens. It happens, but everyone can rest assure that the techies are working on the problem. In the meantime, instead of using the app, use the web browser on the ios device. Also, there are other free web browsers for iPhones and iPads that free and have worked better for me in the past.

I guess my point is that complaining is not going to help. The techies are working as fast as they can. They will fix it. My saying is, "Dear Lord, give me patience and I want it RIGHT NOW!"
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:24 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
The 5-second delay is a small price to pay for the benefits we all get from this great site! I'm sure they will get the problem resolved soon.
In the meantime, let's just be patient!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:58 AM   #10
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Well, it looks to me that most posts were trying to be helpful, and inform the tech's that there was an issue. I did not take it that folks are complaining, but just meant to be helpful.
We know and completely understand the frustration. The site team and tech gurus are also experiencing the same delays. We are working on the underlying issues. In the meantime, please be patient. There is nothing wrong with your devices or computers and little that can be done for your end to improve the situation.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:21 PM   #11
Community Administrator

American Coach Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
Many folks have asked for information about the delays and we know it''s an inconvenience but right now it's needed.

A day ago the forum was offline for several hours because of a DDoS attack and we are still under attack. A Denial of Service attack is deliberately malicious and caused when a lot of computers try to access the site at the same time - they place too much demand on the server and it locks up.

The computers are usually virus infected machines in third world countries and they are being controlled remotely by the attacker or his hired service (more often). They are turned into an army of bots. Often the owner of the botified computer may never know it's being used this way.

These attacks are often instigated by a disgruntled individual and on forums this is usually a member who was unable to follow the rules of the road and shown the door. We believe this is the case here as well. We work hard to maintain a reasonably polite community and know that most members desire this.

The screen and posting delays are because we have added an extra layer of security, verifying viewing to remove/stop malicious activity. This extra check is especially tough on those with slow connections and some mobile users but it cannot be avoided. Your individual computers and devices are not at risk and the site hasn't actually been hacked - just slowed down.

An attack of this nature is a crime and we take this very seriously, for this reason we are also not going to disclose much about the details but you can read more about this here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

It's sad when one angry person decides to muck up the works for everyone and we appreciate your understanding as we get work through this.
Support Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:43 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great explanation - thank-you. I appreciate the work you admins do.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:56 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the update.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 02:17 PM   #14

Thank you for an explanation of how forums work. The other less helpful RV forum has been down for maintenance, too.