Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #1

I continue to have issues logging in. Each time I come to the site, I must first go back to my e-mail confirmation of my user name and password, click on the link and then log on. If I go directly to the site, I am unable to log on! Don't know what I am doing wrong, but it is quite frustrating!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #2

I continue to have issues logging in. Each time I come to the site, I must first go back to my e-mail confirmation of my user name and password, click on the link and then log on. If I go directly to the site, I am unable to log on! Don't know what I am doing wrong, but it is quite frustrating!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
It's possible you're not doing anything wrong, it may be your computer. Try deleting the Temporary Internet Files and clearing the Cookies to see if that'll clear up the problem.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #4

Hitchkiker, thanks for the input. However, I do regularly (usually daily) do as you suggested. It doesn't help. I am using all lower case (as I entered it in my registration) and recently changed the password thinking that perhaps that was the issue. However, I still have to go to the email and then come to the site!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:16 PM   #5

Appalachian Campers
OK, let's try something else:
  1. <LI>I noticed in your profile that you set your account up to require a login name of 'dlarsen', which is different from your username. Is that what you're using when the login attempt fails?

<LI>Assuming a 'yes' answer on the above, describe in detail what happens when you attempt to login using 'dlarsen'.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #6

Yes, I do use dlarsen as my log in...along with the password. When I enter it, I simply get the reply that the log in failed. Should I be using the "David and Fran" instead?
Old 03-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #7

Appalachian Campers
OK, thanks for trying that, it should work using the login name.

Maybe the problem is a password issue. Since your last post, I've changed your password to 12345. Try logging in with dlarsen using 12345 as the password. If you get in, change the password back to the one you had before I changed it. Remember, unlike the usernames or login names, passwords are case sensitive.

It's changed in your profile.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #8

Richard,

I had to go back to the email to get back in so that I could change the password again. Still no luck!

Fran
Old 03-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Sorry to put you through that but I needed to eliminate a password snafu. Do you have another computer to do a test login on? Maybe one at work, a laptop, or a neighbors?

I need to determine if the issue is a systemic problem related to our software or if it's an issue with the your computer. Using another computer to test a login would determine that.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:22 AM   #10

Richard,

I went to another computer and attempted to sign on. Still the same thing, except now it just goes back to the forum screen. Then when I attempt it again, it tells me that the log-in failed.

To get on this morning to reply to you, I went back to the email and came in via it.

Thank you for trying to fix this issue.

Fran

PS I have been checking the "remember me" box, does that impact this issue?
Old 03-28-2008, 04:48 AM   #11

Appalachian Campers
When everything is working correctly, checking the 'Remember Me' box eliminates the requirement to login each time you visit the site when using the computer that was being used when the box was checked. A 'cookie' gets set.

So far everything I've had you try to resolve this issue hasn't worked; I'll escalate this up to others who may be able to determine what the problem is. I was hoping trying a different computer would reveal an issue with your computer but apparently that's not the case in this instance.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:07 AM   #12

Official iRV2 Sponsor

David & Fran,

I just changed a setting, let me know if you are now able to login properly

Bill
Old 03-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #13

Bill,

I tried to log on directly from the site, but again, it wouldn't go through. So, as usual, I went back to the e-mail to get in!

Thanks to both you and Richard for helping...

Fran
Old 03-31-2008, 03:17 AM   #14

Bill and Richard,

Any ideas yet? Today when I tried to log-on, I was still unable to directly do it.

Fran