RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:46 AM   #1
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Verify Your Forum Account Info - Site Updates Soon

In the coming weeks, we will be moving towards a simpler login using your email address (which is private) and password but first we want to make sure the address associated with your account is accurate.

In a few days we will be prompting all forum members to verify their contact email as they login to the forum.

Many members have ancient e-mail addresses associated with their current accounts and so next week as you login we will ask you to affirm your email address is correct or to update it. If you need to update your email address please follow the prompts and then check your inbox for a confirmation email to your new address. If you are updating your e-mail address, there is a link in that email you will need to click to complete the process. You can then proceed as usual to login with your current user/pass information.

Once members have had time to verify existing addresses (or update them if needed) we will make the change to logging in with that address (a few weeks from now). We appreciate your patience as we go through this process.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2019, 01:01 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When I had trouble due to my ISP or email provider (maybe?) I was told to create a google email account and forward it to my "normal" email account. I have no idea what that email account that I created for that purpose is. Is that going to be a problem?

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
When you login you'll see a little window open that will display the e-mail address associated with your account. There will be options to check "yes this is my address" or to change your e-mail address.

The reason we are doing this is that in a little while we are changing how you will login - not with your username, but instead with your e-mail address. We want to make sure that addresses on existing accounts are accurate before we make this change.

If you are currently getting notifications etc from irv2 to your inbox, you should have no issue.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Old 02-14-2019, 03:12 PM   #4

Verify your forum account info

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
When I had trouble due to my ISP or email provider (maybe?) I was told to create a google email account and forward it to my "normal" email account. I have no idea what that email account that I created for that purpose is. Is that going to be a problem?
It should not be a problem as long as you have a current email address you can use.
stevenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:33 PM   #5

I hope I can remember my password.
junkyardjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:25 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
Sounds like a good opportunity to get your actual email address on your account.
DjDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:58 PM   #7

I donít give out my email address anymore due to all the spam mail. You say you will keep it private but even the CIAs computers have been hacked. Is there anyway to continue to log in using my username?
TXTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:24 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
I donít give out my email address anymore due to all the spam mail. You say you will keep it private but even the CIAs computers have been hacked. Is there anyway to continue to log in using my username?

When you joined you used your e-mail address to set up the account. It's already on file and we use it to send you thread notices, etc as dictated by your account preferences. Some folks have outdated addresses however and this is an issue if they need password resets, etc. It's time to get these all updated.

You will still have a username and it will display on posts. Your e-mail address will not display publicly - anywhere.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:42 PM   #9

Will there be any way to change my user name at that time?
gspindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:38 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspindel View Post
Will there be any way to change my user name at that time?
The Staff has to do that for you.
Please search the Member List to see if the new User name you want is available.
See: http://www.irv2.com/forums/members/list/
Then use the "Contact Us" button to make your request.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
OUTLAW MODS/FIXES
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:20 PM   #11

Winnieowners.com already has it implemented.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:34 AM   #12

Exclamation Spyware - PUP -Potentially Unwanted Program

My Inbox Helper is a potentially unwanted program (PUP)[1] which is distributed as a browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and other popular browsers. The official website states that this application is designed to provide easy access to email accounts and frequently visited social media pages. Although, experts warn that you might struggle with My Inbox Helper uninstall if you let it in your system.
szakaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:17 AM   #13

Ruffhaus6

Verification
Ruffhaus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:29 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Set up an email address just forIRV@. Example:

irvmyname@gmail.com

Use it just for irv mails.