Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:44 PM   #1

What about the missing makes in the Owners Forums

A friend has a Holiday Rambler he is thinking of selling and this is what got me looking around at what is available and comparing prices makes etc. Some makes I run into are not listed in the owners forum of this site.

To me that is a bad sign. Does this indicate there are not many owners of those makes such as Holiday Rambler and Chevy Alegra (or Aleggro ...seen it spelled both ways in one ad).

As a newbie to MH's, what does it mean if they are not even listed in the Owners Forums? Would you draw any conclusions from the omission?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2015, 06:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroG View Post
A friend has a Holiday Rambler he is thinking of selling and this is what got me looking around at what is available and comparing prices makes etc. Some makes I run into are not listed in the owners forum of this site.

To me that is a bad sign. Does this indicate there are not many owners of those makes such as Holiday Rambler and Chevy Alegra (or Aleggro ...seen it spelled both ways in one ad).

As a newbie to MH's, what does it mean if they are not even listed in the Owners Forums? Would you draw any conclusions from the omission?
Holiday rambler look under monaco the manufacture back then and allegro look under tiffin.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:01 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum .....
Looking at the list of different brands/models ... both of the questioned are listed ... Holiday Rambler is a division of Monaco .... Allegro a division of Tiffin ....
Tho I get where you're coming from ... but so many of these divisional brands are just almost duplicates .......
Not an official statement by any means ..... just an observation .....

Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:46 AM   #4

GREAT. Thanks so much guys. That helps a lot.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:14 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
We create new forums when we see a sufficient number of posts over a period of time to sustain a new forum.

If we we have too many forums, the site becomes overwheming to navigate and we have also removed forums that were underused.

Generally models or brands are discussed in the appropriate manufacturer's forum.

We are constantly evaluating the site to see if we need to add forums or remove little used forums.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:55 AM   #6

Thanks Route 66. I sure understand that. I run about 4 to 6 forums. 4 active now, 2 just waiting for the right idea / theme to kick em off again.
I would suggest for newbies like me if a brand is now one thing but use to be another as is the case with Monaco, it sure would be nice if you would put (Holiday Rambler) or what ever name is appropriate in parens after Monaco. ...Not criticism, just a thought from someone who easily gets lost in this stuff and is using this site to get an education. I know from running forums that it is easy to overlook or take some things for granted and until it is pointed out you have no idea it was an issue to anyone. Thanks for a GREAT RV Forum. This place Rocks!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
The brands are in the description of the parent forum. If you read the Monaco Owner's Forum description you will see:
Quote:
Discussions related to Monaco RV products including Safari, R-Vision. Beaver, Holiday Rambler and Mckenzie coaches
Same with Tiffin. The description:
Quote:
Discussion about Tiffin Motorhomes including Allegro, Phaeton and Zephyr coaches
Sometimes it's hard to keep up with the model name changes (FW is one of the worst), but we try to keep the descriptions current so model owners can find their brands.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum