Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2 Forum Issues
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #1

Why did AdBlock quit working?

I had trouble with slow IRV2 response times. After reviewing the comments on this forum I downloaded Google Chrome and Adblock in July 2012. It cleared up most of the problems untill lately.
Now once again I have long waits and frequently have to refresh in order to use the forum.
I opened google chrome and clicked on the icon for adblock. It said "adblock cannot run on this domain" ???

I am definitly not an internet guru so need to ask if you can offer advice.

Have a nice day - Darrel

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
You might try emptying your temp internet files... The GoDaddy mess the other day caused all sorts of problems and it's possible that your browser is trying to find content at urls that don't really exist.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:19 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
You're lucky it worked "for awhile". We can't get it to work with Chrome or FoxFire so it's still a one minute wait for each page. Getting to the point where it's not worth it...
Still do not understand why this is the only site of the many we use, with this problem.
H. Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #4

Location: Constantly changing - Just finished 6 months in S America. Now 6 months in USA/Can, then back to S A
One version of adblock (the one where you subscribe to an update list) is deliberately disabled for "good" sites on the basis that if you make things too difficult for advertising, many sites will not get enough revenue to stay open.

My firefox version is working OK and the pages are loading very fast with or without adblock

Try going to Adblock Plus Filter preferences and enable the disabled filters.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #5

I used Ccleaner and deleted all temp files, cookies and everything that it could. No Help.

When I open the Chrome menu and click on the "little hand" icon, I see the message Adblock cannot run in this domain"
I don't even know what domain is referenced!!

I floundered around in the help subjects and reloaded Chrome with no help. As far as I can tell my Adblock is the vanilla version with the recomended default options. (just think - I sent in my money too)

Thanks for your thoughts - Darrel
Old 09-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Darrel--I'm running Chrome and Adblock with no problem. I'd suggest going over to the Chrome support forum and posting your issue. Lots of Chrome/Adblock gurus can assist. Good luck.