Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #1

Working my way thru 1000's of posts

May I humbly suggest that there be made available certain ways to identify 1) posts that you have not read, 2) posts that you've marked as worth following, and 3) posts that you've read and you have absolutely no interest in following.

I've been a follower of iRV2 for about 2 years now. I don't have the world's greatest memory. I find myself REopening posts that I have no interest in (waste of time). I don't have time to REexplore old posts to see which ones are the ones I want to REview once again.

Perhaps a column along the left margin where NEW appears until you open it up. Then when you decide IF you want to follow that thread you can put YES in the column or NO in the column.

iRV2 is better than any other website that deals with readers' area of interest. Keep up the good work, but please make navigating it a bit easier.

2011 Coachmen SportsCoach
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There are some tools already available to you. To see new posts, click on the "New Posts" link Click image for larger version

Name:	new post.png
Views:	33
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	32041 . The system will show threads that have posts that you have not seen. When you open a thread, you can click on the "View First Unread" link 
Name:   unread.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  9.0 KB
. That will take you to the first post of that thread that you have not read. If there are forums you do not care to see, such as those of a different manufacturer, you can go to that forum, and click the forum tools, then click ignore forum. Click image for larger version

Name:	ignore.png
Views:	35
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	32044Then you will not see that forum in your display. You can ignore threads the same way. When you have finished viewing posts, go to the forum list page, and down at the bottom is a link to "Mark Forums Read", that will cut down on the number of new posts you see when you next visit the site. Click image for larger version

Name:	mark1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	32043
Cliff Fargason
US Army (ret)
2012 Fleetwood Bounder
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote