Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Test Your Changes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-02-2019, 11:08 AM   #1

Hello, new to RVing...

HELLO, my husband and I are very new to RVing, and haven’t gone yet. We have been familiarizing ourselves in our new to us older RV.
I have probably a real dumb question.... can the electricity or refrigerator run while on the road?
CathyF. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2019, 11:27 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to the forum! Yes, your fridge can run while traveling if it’s a electric/propane fridge. It can be set (default) to automatically switch between electric and propane when disconnected from shore power.

I don’t know what you mean by electricity running, so here are two answers. 1. You can run the generator while on the road if you want electric. 2. Alternatively, most coaches have an inverter that will produce 120V from the house batteries to limited circuits, but it can run down the batteries depending on the load and if the engine alternator can’t keep up with the load.

So people can help you better, go to the UserCP tab above and create a signature listing your coach model and year.

Happy trails!

Wal
photopilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving