Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Test Your Changes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
My Latest Trip

I sit here on my last Saturday in Rehab.
As most mornings I would wake around 6:15 as sun rose through my window, now ten minuets less since I first arrived at Port Rehab.
What I did most mornings was to see who arrived first my nurse with the pill and vital signs or my breakfast and in most cases it was the nurse who won a very pretty nurse by the way.
When I first arrived at this rehab I was surprised by all the staff of mostly young nurses and aids either male or female and their dedication to their jobs and people they cared for.
The therapist's were a driving force in getting me back to life as I feel as a man of 48 instead of a man of 84.
The interview by my Diet advisor was for the foods I eat with the Crone's problem I have and I said I do not eat a verity of foods because of flare
up problems.
The menu's her kitchen provided me were amazing, I was eating foods I had not eaten in years without dire results.
Her son handed me my menu and I did not want to read it as I wanted to be surprised.
I have to give this kitchen a AAA+ rating for their food and service and wished she has written a cook book so I could match up to all the meal menu's with my meals.
Met people here that I could not relate in memory to their names so used word association to Paul and Mark with the word saint as ST. Paul's church up on High St. above Low St. where I am.
Paul has a uni-nick way of extending pictures he cut up and has one of a father tossing his child up in the air which I have done many times with children of ours and adopted. Hope he can make a copy for me.
Met a pretty girl named A J with a story behind the initials and is a writer of a book about a therapy dog she raised and trained looking for a publisher, because I told her I maybe writing a book about my wife and her taking care of about 47 abused foster children over 40 years.

So before coming to Port Rehab I came from Anna Jacques Hospital. the Heart Ward and the ICU Unit why you say because of a attack by BEE's when I lifted a tarp while they were busy preparing for winter, digging a hole into the ground for hive.
We were celebrating my adopted sons new adventure to Austin, Texas and a new beginning for himself and which we had talked about months earlier.
Everything was going well until I lifted the tarp.
When that happened around ten bees lined up on one of my arteries of my left hand and counted 1,2,3,stab while three other attacked my right side.
So needless to say I was in deep trouble and for some reason I went into our bathroom and collapsed with a big thud to the floor beside tub.
While everyone outside running from Bee's they heard the thud and ran inside to find me on the floor and my son in law watched to make sure my air passage stayed open until EMT's arrived.
A run to the hospital and the battle began as Doctors in ICU were trying to stop me from pulling out lines connected to my body and down my throat and also shooting Drugs into me from low to high and back again I was going on a trip, yippee.
All the Doctors holding me I did not feel, because I was in a locomotive I had built as a young man and was headed to my Rocky Mt High.
For some reason I had a Doctor who said he was in charge and wanted to know where I was, I was on a beautiful trip and knew where I was and he was the one lost.
He kept insisting what hospital we were in and I had a choice of ten hospitals to tell him because I worked for Ma Bell as foreman and maintained all of the hospitals in Northeast Mass locations for years. Well that is not what he wanted to hear.
This trip could go on forever because we traveled in our RV's across Canada and states and I served in the Army over every highway in Alaska and one half of the rail system.
So I will cut it short and give you the closing of my wonderful trip when in Alaska we would lay under tall white birch Aspen trees and look up to the Alaskan deep Blue sky's through the golden canopy of leaves and take pictures to send to our wife's back home.
Picture that and when my Angle in the sky's swooped down and kissed my lips with the tips of her wings as she flew off, my journey ended as I shouted AJH to the head Doctors satisfaction, trip ended.
I had described other things I saw on the ICU wall to my sons with funny looks on their faces, as to I might be crazy, far from it as of now I feel the gift of life and plan to use it as best as I can for many years to come.

With my trip ended in ICU I was moved down to the Heart Ward of AJH and spent the next week and half with our oldest adopted daughter who is a RN on the floor and we reconnected with the pass and she told me she has forgotten the pass and is in the present and looking to the future with her beautiful children and husband and I can remember hearing that same thing from one of our other adopted daughters, life is good.
I can't express how grateful I am to all the Doctors and nurses at AJH for giving me life for second time, the first by Doctor Bentley back in 2003, Memorial Day.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Closed Thread

Tags
test