Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Restore/upgrade our 87 Rockwood and the travel out west-see the Grand canyon, go back to Zion and find a good location to open a year around camp ground of our own design in the south west
87Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
If you had $1,000,000 dollars to spend on RV'ing what would you buy and how would you spend it? Class A, Fiv'er & truck, Gas unit or Diesel pusher, multiple units, Garage for your unit etc. All the money has to be spent on RV'ing, no investing
This is your chance to spend a Million dollars Where would you go or do first? Let's go.......
Well, between the coach and the coach garage/shop, we're almost there. Much much faster to spend it than it was to save it!! No regrets yet!!
Old 11-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforus View Post
Well, between the coach and the coach garage/shop, we're almost there. Much much faster to spend it than it was to save it!! No regrets yet!!
nforus, you have already done a "splendid" job in reference to my question by the looks of your photo's! Fantansic job of spending money......Hat's off to ya!
Old 11-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Why stop at just one?

The DW keeps going on about having a smaller RV for what she calls 'day trips'. So I'd buy a Sprinter based 'something' and also a big DP (Newell, Foretravel, HR, etc.) in the 40+ range. The rest would go into prepaid storage facilities for both, prepaid insurance, maintenance fund, and fuel of course. That should just about take care of 1M.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
The DW keeps going on about having a smaller RV for what she calls 'day trips'. So I'd buy a Sprinter based 'something' and also a big DP (Newell, Foretravel, HR, etc.) in the 40+ range. The rest would go into prepaid storage facilities for both, prepaid insurance, maintenance fund, and fuel of course. That should just about take care of 1M.
Sorry, you have to spend it, prepaid storage- maybe 1 year,ok. insurance-paid yearly,ok, maintance fund- not allowed,have to spend it, fuel is a one time fill up,spend the rest of your money.....
Old 11-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
I just love tinkering on the darn thing, so I think a fully-equipped shop, large enough to work on one MH or two, and with a fridge and small bedroom in one corner! \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #21

New 45' tag axle DPMH for cross country travel - $400k
New 4-stall DPMH house with all the comforts including paved drive and pad - $250k
New 34' gasser for in-state camping adventures - $150
New 38' gasser for our child - $150
New p/u truck and entry level TT for the Grandson - $50k

that was easy….
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Problem is a million isn't enough nowadays but since you ask; I would do many upgrades to what I have (after all it is a National) then the remainder would be spent traveling lavishly all over the country as long as the money last.

Then I think my wife would agree to come with me.

Some people are doing this now with different interpretations of what lavish means.

Oh, life is good, very good, even without it but who has never dreamed of something bigger? Not better necessarily just bigger.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
You are trying to "invest" (not wisely) and that is not allowed
You are trying to "invest" You realy have to ask?

Well I would us it as a nown payment on a Prevots & finance the rest.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #24

Buy a new Entegra Aspire or may be an Anthem. I would buy a spot in a RV resort that I have already picked out on the Gulf coast. I might upgrade the Jeep toad but I'm happy with what I have now, so maybe not. I would build a 60 x120 metal building near my current home, climate controlled, to use as a home base. Maybe build a small apartment inside for time out of the RV.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
A new Prevost conversion dropping the .3 million in options to keep the price at 1 Million.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #26

I don't think you can buy a new Prevost or Newell for $1M; I would buy a used Newell and a lot in Florida to park it in the winter and build a storage barn for it behind my house for the summer.

Mike

2012 Thor Freedom Elite 28Z
Muncie_6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFNM View Post
I play this game with myself all the time!!

A top quality, medium sized, used DP. Refresh the entire unit - tires, batteries, electronic systems, etc… Fill the roof with solar panels (and more batteries). Have the inside remodeled from living space for a dozen people to a home for one/two (desk/work area, for example). Load it up with spares and maintenance items. Buy prepaid fuel, insurance, and pay license/registration/taxes to cover the next decade.

I'd get a matching enclosed trailer - relatively big one. In that, I'd load a new Jeep, new dual purpose motorcycle, new full suspension, carbon mountain bike, new carbon road bike, and kayak.

Two plots of land; one near where I grew up in Montana, one as far south as possible.

Finally, I'd use the remaining money to pay someone to buy my airpark home (here, if interested).

Where: Anywhere where the people are not. Mostly the west - Alaska & Canada.
This is really close to my wish, with the toys and all. I want a full sized DP or Class 8 truck conversion. I would do a lot of boondocking in areas where there is outdoor recreation. I already have the southern plot of land but would like to have 2 or 3 more scattered around the country. I'm not much of an RV park person. Too close of quarters and I like for the airedales to have a place to run rather than having to be on a leash every time they step out of the coach.

Does buying land and building RV ports count toward spending the money?
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
This is really close to my wish, with the toys and all. I want a full sized DP or Class 8 truck conversion. I would do a lot of boondocking in areas where there is outdoor recreation. I already have the southern plot of land but would like to have 2 or 3 more scattered around the country. I'm not much of an RV park person. Too close of quarters and I like for the airedales to have a place to run rather than having to be on a leash every time they step out of the coach.

Does buying land and building RV ports count toward spending the money?
Yes if the land is bought for the use of your RV