Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
1709 views and 68 posts............. there has to be a lot of idea's going through those 1641(readers) minds on what they would do..........share with us your thoughts and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Share yours first. Mine is very different. And like others I can read invest in a fund that is used exclusively for rving as within thgevfine print. There is no spend by stipulation, in fact they are complying with the rules as the money will be spent on RV, just not all at once. Also what good is an expensive rig if it only sits in storage, for some that fund would be the only way they could afford to continue to RV with the upcost and upsize of the rig. You could argue for some not investing in a perpetual fund is a breach of rules since without funds the rving would seize

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngTrillium View Post
Share yours first. Mine is very different. And like others I can read invest in a fund that is used exclusively for rving as within thgevfine print. There is no spend by stipulation, in fact they are complying with the rules as the money will be spent on RV, just not all at once. Also what good is an expensive rig if it only sits in storage, for some that fund would be the only way they could afford to continue to RV with the upcost and upsize of the rig. You could argue for some not investing in a perpetual fund is a breach of rules since without funds the rving would seize
Just what I want to attract with my last post.........someone to pick it apart Go in the kitchen and pick at the Turkey

Old 11-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #73

Not thanksgiving here. Riddle me this, would 250k just being subtracted from be better for hitting the trail or adding a little and subtracting.

I'll share part of my plan. Adding more people to rving benefits the cause, more demand = less closed resources. It also spreads the bug to the next gen, enriches children's life education and creates bonds of friendship. I would get experienced campers to recruit 20 families with an interest in camping, ability to support trips but no budget for a unit yet, and a tow ready vehicle. 10,000 each budgeted for a hitch if none and a pop up or they can use the funds towards a better unit. Then 50 grants of $1000 each towards people with currently good but need a little TLC that has been delayed and is just out of reach, money towards and mechanical and functional upgrades only. Is engine repairs, towards a rescue fridge, solar, new batteries etc. Something that'll enhance camping. That would be 250,000 of my million.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #74

Newmar Owners Club
Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngTrillium View Post
Not thanksgiving here. Riddle me this, would 250k just being subtracted from be better for hitting the trail or adding a little and subtracting.

I'll share part of my plan. Adding more people to rving benefits the cause, more demand = less closed resources. It also spreads the bug to the next gen, enriches children's life education and creates bonds of friendship. I would get experienced campers to recruit 20 families with an interest in camping, ability to support trips but no budget for a unit yet, and a tow ready vehicle. 10,000 each budgeted for a hitch if none and a pop up or they can use the funds towards a better unit. Then 50 grants of $1000 each towards people with currently good but need a little TLC that has been delayed and is just out of reach, money towards and mechanical and functional upgrades only. Is engine repairs, towards a rescue fridge, solar, new batteries etc. Something that'll enhance camping. That would be 250,000 of my million.
OK, what about the $750,000 left
Old 11-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #75

You go first, all I can say my allocation and detail is well detailed, have 2 models chosen and some toys along with specific mods and updates since well its my actual plan with a few embellishments and a faster timeline, so the coatings and budget is based on real world pricing researched over the last 2 months,... My model railroad empire however took 9 months planning, 5 years with 4 people contributing without a known estimated date to completion, it also sucked in more money then the value of our es or flex...
Old 11-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #76
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
1709 views and 68 posts............. there has to be a lot of idea's going through those 1641(readers) minds on what they would do..........share with us your thoughts and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Happy holiday to you and yours.

NOW, it's the OP's turn...1 of the 1641.

Promise we won't laugh, much...unless it's really weird
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #77

I'd keep the 5th wheel we have, buy a 5 year old 3500HD or 4500HD, invest the $960,000 and do some serious traveling without having to worry about looking for the place that has fuel for a nickel cheaper. Probably look for places that the sun shines in the winter.....
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:55 AM   #78

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Happy holiday to you and yours.

NOW, it's the OP's turn...1 of the 1641.

Promise we won't laugh, much...unless it's really weird
I am still gathering idea's .................That is why I started this thread
Sure is a lot of Idea's..........
Old 11-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #79

Quote:
I am still gathering idea's .................That is why I started this thread Sure is a lot of Idea's..........
In the mean time, perhaps you would be interested in a really nice bridge. It's in Brooklyn and in very fine condition. It cost $15.5M to build, but is available for a limited time for only $1M.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by road dogs View Post
I'd keep the 5th wheel we have, buy a 5 year old 3500HD or 4500HD, invest the $960,000 and do some serious traveling without having to worry about looking for the place that has fuel for a nickel cheaper. Probably look for places that the sun shines in the winter.....
Read the rules, no investing.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #81

Quote:
I am still gathering idea's .................That is why I started this thread Sure is a lot of Idea's..........
Oh, I understand now!
You HAVE $1M and dont know how to spend it, and you are confused.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #82

Newmar Owners Club
Bridge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
In the mean time, perhaps you would be interested in a really nice bridge. It's in Brooklyn and in very fine condition. It cost $15.5M to build, but is available for a limited time for only $1M.
I'll BUY IT, ONE CONDITION.......Grand opening day......Ribbon cutting cerimoney.......you are the first to cross it.........
Old 11-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #83

Quote:
I'll BUY IT, ONE CONDITION.......Grand opening day......Ribbon cutting cerimoney.......you are the first to cross it.........
Too late! Already sold to another party.

Somebody please give this confused millionaire ideas how to spend it?

Old 11-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #84

Newmar Owners Club
[QUOTE=CampDaven;1825929]Too late! Already sold to another party.

Somebody please give this confused millionaire ideas how to spend it?[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the "Graceful Bow Out" as you have not one good idea to offer to this thread.........
Millionaire's are not of the "confused" gender....Thinkers by nature.