Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #85

I have some great ideas.

You first

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
If you had $1,000,000 dollars to spend on RV'ing what would you buy and how would you spend it? Class A, Fiv'er & truck, Gas unit or Diesel pusher, multiple units, Garage for your unit etc. All the money has to be spent on RV'ing, no investing This is your chance to spend a Million dollars Where would you go or do first? Let's go.......
I

I would keep what I have, and buy a profitable campground that I would donate to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America for their use, to manage and maintain, and for them to hold periodic all-expenses paid camping outings for underprivledged children.

Everybody has a fantasy. This is mine.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #87

Monaco Owners Club
"IF" (OP) The first word used here. Don't have, nothing to think about!!!
C&SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #88

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
[
Millionaire's are not of the "confused" gender....Thinkers by nature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&SL View Post
"IF" (OP) The first word used here. Don't have, nothing to think about!!!
Well, that make this thread really easy for you............ Thanks for the post
Old 11-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I

I would keep what I have, and buy a profitable campground that I would donate to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America for their use, to manage and maintain, and for them to hold periodic all-expenses paid camping outings for underprivledged children.

Everybody has a fantasy. This is mine.
You may also want to continue contributing to causes like Heart Galleries of America. Taking the truly underprivileged children and giving them a permanent home is truly a worthy cause. Some of these kids have never seen the country as well and have gone through unspeakable pasts. You could also open it up to respite for foster/adoptive families. The transition period can be arduous but always worth it. These children need a loving home to grow up in, those who age out often face a dire life. It's also the love of the family not the money that matters.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #90
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I would start with an empty Rexhall 30' and build it to our exact needs and wants. ~ $300K Nothing any larger because I want to be able to fit into some of the older National Park Campgrounds and drive easily

Then I would remake the RV spot in my daughter's Seattle backyard which would mean rebuilding her garage. ~ $150K That's where I'll be parked after she takes away my driving privilege.

Next, I'd spend about $50K putting in full hookups and landscaping on a friend's property in Florida where I spend most winters. They can lease it out when I'm not there.

With the other $500K -- I like CampDaven's idea about the charitable campground. Dave could you use another 50% for those kids?
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I would start with an empty Rexhall 30' and build it to our exact needs and wants. ~ $300K Nothing any larger because I want to be able to fit into some of the older National Park Campgrounds and drive easily
I hope i'm not stepping on toes, but given your travelling companions I might adjust the budget up to add a rear slide-out like some European Campervans/RV's have. This would give RV Mutants mascot some space when you're at a larger campground. This would slide into a "sleave" when travelling and not needed. It could be lined in a durable plastic/rubber lining for easy clean-up and some comfort.

Think like this but larger:

The T5 Doubleback from Danbury Motorcaravans

They could probably also add some hammocks/resting platforms that fold out of the side and maybe some ropes off the ceiling? Not sure if that's just a stereotype as you can imagine my experience with these matters borders on 0.

Just my 'lil thought take it as you will.

Don't forget your local social services/heart galleries, kids need forever families to love them. There are over 100,000 kids waiting for their forever families. These are children who don't have a family/house to call home. Many of them with love and patience turn out to be fantastic kiddos.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:08 AM   #92

$200,000.00 on new Excel and truck
$2,000.00 for fishing licenses in all 50 states
Use the rest of the money finding fishing holes in each state and some cooking oil.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #93

Quote:
I would start with an empty Rexhall 30' and build it to our exact needs and wants. ~ $300K Nothing any larger because I want to be able to fit into some of the older National Park Campgrounds and drive easily Then I would remake the RV spot in my daughter's Seattle backyard which would mean rebuilding her garage. ~ $150K That's where I'll be parked after she takes away my driving privilege. Next, I'd spend about $50K putting in full hookups and landscaping on a friend's property in Florida where I spend most winters. They can lease it out when I'm not there. With the other $500K -- I like CampDaven's idea about the charitable campground. Dave could you use another 50% for those kids?
Nice touch all the way around, Barb! I'm sure the G&BCoA will use the $ wisely. Too bad it is just a fantasy, aye?

Old 12-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #94

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Well, that make this thread really easy for you............ Thanks for the post
Hi Pale - funny that I found this post while looking around off the Entegra site (Inside Joke).

Thanks for starting it - poo to all of you who can't enjoy the concept. I give Pale several attaboys for how he's handled all the scrooges.

I found this to be a really interesting thread at first. I even asked DW what she thought. Then I saw all those who seem to feel that if you aren't giving most of it to those in need, you're a bad person at least by implication.

First we give a ton more than 10% annually to various charities. And since I don't have any income that may sound easy but I give away north of 75,000 a year from assets - so there.

Now for what I'd do given the original thesis and the rules (I always follow rules - - as long as I agree with them).

DW and I talked - we love our Anthem 44SL for its floorplan so it would be hard to go to a coach that didn't have the same layout. We even had a hard time thinking of mods we'd make of any significance. We agreed we might go for the 2015 model so that would take maybe 150,000. I'd probably buy a couple of lots - Pelican Lake and Hearthside. I doubt we'd use them enough to justify without the rules, but we could easily rent them when we aren't there. Love those parks. So that is about another 600,000. DW wants a new toad - probably an SRX so there goes another 50,000.

Hmmm - Kids want campers but they need to start simply and earn their own upgrades - towables - 2 X 25,000 so another 50.

Dang - I've still got $150,000 if I did the math right. I'd like to build a storage facility at the house which would be a serious challenge here in the foothills. Maybe I could do it for the 150.
Saltydog44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #95

Newmar Owners Club
Very Generous Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
Hi Pale - funny that I found this post while looking around off the Entegra site (Inside Joke).

Thanks for starting it - poo to all of you who can't enjoy the concept. I give Pale several attaboys for how he's handled all the scrooges.

I found this to be a really interesting thread at first. I even asked DW what she thought. Then I saw all those who seem to feel that if you aren't giving most of it to those in need, you're a bad person at least by implication.

First we give a ton more than 10% annually to various charities. And since I don't have any income that may sound easy but I give away north of 75,000 a year from assets - so there.

Now for what I'd do given the original thesis and the rules (I always follow rules - - as long as I agree with them).

DW and I talked - we love our Anthem 44SL for its floorplan so it would be hard to go to a coach that didn't have the same layout. We even had a hard time thinking of mods we'd make of any significance. We agreed we might go for the 2015 model so that would take maybe 150,000. I'd probably buy a couple of lots - Pelican Lake and Hearthside. I doubt we'd use them enough to justify without the rules, but we could easily rent them when we aren't there. Love those parks. So that is about another 600,000. DW wants a new toad - probably an SRX so there goes another 50,000.

Hmmm - Kids want campers but they need to start simply and earn their own upgrades - towables - 2 X 25,000 so another 50.

Dang - I've still got $150,000 if I did the math right. I'd like to build a storage facility at the house which would be a serious challenge here in the foothills. Maybe I could do it for the 150.
Thank you for the post Emerson, The $150,000 left will at the very least give you one heck of a head start on re-shaping those foothills for your new building
Old 12-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #96
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It's not that I feel that I need to give $ to a charity in order not to feel bad, I just know I would enjoy driving or living in a million dollar RV. I don't want to buy property away from my family and friends to develop for my RV to park on -- I'd never use it.

I lived in a VERY nice 6,000 sq ft home for 3 years and HATED it. Everything was too nice and too fancy for my tastes. I dont want to have to worry about damaging something that will be too expensive for me to get fixed. Nothing in the rules allowed for us to set aside $ for future fuel, tax insurance or repairs. The pricier the toys, the costlier the upkeep.

Palehorse, what good it do any of us to own something that we couldn't
properly care for or afford to drive after the first year? Even if the rules of this game changed to include those things, I don't see myself changing my original plan. Not everyone wants the best of everything. I find the more people have in the way of material things, the higher their stress level. Could be because they have more "things" to worry about.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #97
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Make that, I would NOT enjoy living in or driving a million dollar RV.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #98

Quote:
It's not that I feel that I need to give $ to a charity in order not to feel bad, I just know I would NOT enjoy driving or living in a million dollar RV.
Bravo, Barb! Our thoughts were of "giving back", even if a fantasy.

Makes me wonder if other might have charitable fantasies.

Is the game still afoot?