Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #99

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I liked the idea of the game, before I could post got a little weary of the rule clarifications, and kept reading anyway. Then there seemed to be a winner. Still have no idea who the Scrooges are, know that some are proud enough to report their charitable giving, and others want to donate. Nice ideas but somehow seems to have gone awry a bit.

What is clear is that a million dollars isn't what it once was. I do like the idea of setting up a non-profit RV camping facility of some kind that caters to kids and grows new teen counselors and care givers. Not sure a million would cover it these days. But thanks for the idea. Ya never know when the lottery might land in your lap.

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #100

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
It's not that I feel that I need to give $ to a charity in order not to feel bad, I just know I would enjoy driving or living in a million dollar RV. I don't want to buy property away from my family and friends to develop for my RV to park on -- I'd never use it.

I lived in a VERY nice 6,000 sq ft home for 3 years and HATED it. Everything was too nice and too fancy for my tastes. I dont want to have to worry about damaging something that will be too expensive for me to get fixed. Nothing in the rules allowed for us to set aside $ for future fuel, tax insurance or repairs. The pricier the toys, the costlier the upkeep.

Palehorse, what good it do any of us to own something that we couldn't
properly care for or afford to drive after the first year? Even if the rules of this game changed to include those things, I don't see myself changing my original plan. Not everyone wants the best of everything. I find the more people have in the way of material things, the higher their stress level. Could be because they have more "things" to worry about.
Everyone has different thoughts and interests, that is why I thought it might be interesting to ask and read the results, I am sure from the posts I have recieved on this thread that there have been some folks that already have a lot of money to those that would be excited if they had a million to spend and those like yourself asking " if I bought and spent all the money on a Big Coach" I would not be able to afford to operate it. You are the first to think of this so far and mention it, very good observation through thinking on your part. It is just like some folks that inherit things that they just do not have the money to maintain or operate what they were left by loved ones. This was "your" money to spend (with guide lines like a trust fund) anyway you saw fit. As you can see there have been a lot of different idea's and more will come(I hope)..........none of us has to justify to anyone else our thoughts and the way we chose to carry our self's through this life as there is only one person that you will answer to while your are here(Mirror in the morning).......The posts about folk's spending the money on special children was a great donation to a good cause but just as the rewards that others chose to reward and enhance their lives. It would be a terrible place to live if we all done and thought exactly the same, Imagine everyone having the same opinion and the same thought's on a question asked.......how would we ever move forward. So with this in mind, lets move on with more opinion's and thoughts on just how you would spend a Million Dollars. Thank you for your post!

Old 12-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #101

Newmar Owners Club
There are no winners

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I liked the idea of the game, before I could post got a little weary of the rule clarifications, and kept reading anyway. Then there seemed to be a winner. Still have no idea who the Scrooges are, know that some are proud enough to report their charitable giving, and others want to donate. Nice ideas but somehow seems to have gone awry a bit.

What is clear is that a million dollars isn't what it once was. I do like the idea of setting up a non-profit RV camping facility of some kind that caters to kids and grows new teen counselors and care givers. Not sure a million would cover it these days. But thanks for the idea. Ya never know when the lottery might land in your lap.
There was no winner Steve, way back when I mention that he had received a "5 star award" . An award it just that..... An Award, there are no winners and there are no loser's posting here, just peoples idea's to a very simple question w/guide lines.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #102

Send a message via Skype™ to GSGracie
One RV in the USA, one in Europe, one in New Zealand. Then I would travel between the three, having a ball. By the way, a good RV in New Zealand could be up to $800,000, so I hope the others are cheaper!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #103

Send a message via Skype™ to GSGracie
Or, I could simply fill my current MH with petrol. Well, nearly fill it. Well, get the needle off empty.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #104

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
First pay off our rig and then follow the NASCAR circuit for a year or two or three.
Ccupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #105

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you all for your thought's and idea's.........
Old 12-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #106
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Thank you all for your thought's and idea's.........
...So...are you ready to share your dream plan for the million, yet?
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #107

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You bet
Ccupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
...So...are you ready to share your dream plan for the million, yet?
Yes Pale, Now it's time to hear from you Great thread you started so we need to hear what the Threadmaster thinks, and BTW don't make me have to remind you about the rules
Old 12-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #109

Newmar Owners Club
OK, Pre-DEF American Coach Heritage (FWS) or a King Aire (FWS) (if pre-def) or a London Aire(FWS), 600-650 hp to start and have it turned up to a comfortable setting for the engine and tranny(700+ hp, I talked to a friend today, He bought a 2008 King Aire and had engine and ECM work done= 730hp, now....A Mountain tamer!) Buy a used stacker trailer and paint it to match, super custom golf cart(painted the same) And with the money left, a expensive sports car(no research yet) for the top shelf of the stacker and a new Jeep(mine is getting "lemon lawed" now)for on the bottom shelf. Sell everything we "own", except my 2 Harley's I have now(also loaded in the stacker) and go tour the U.S.A & Canadian Rockies (and west of them) till we find a new place where we might want to park the Coach after a lot of traveling and sight seeing.(Out west some where warm! no more winters!) Well......there it is, I think I spent it "all" I do believe........
Old 12-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #110

Newmar Owners Club
Lot of viewers no spenders!

Else feel like "blowing" a Million Bucks today
Tell us just what you would do
Old 12-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #111

Tiffin Owners Club
I think I would update my toad to a pair of McLaren MP4-12C's, a nice trailer to carry them in. The rest of the money? Probably to insurance for the cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-mclaren-mp4-12c-2-2_653.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	51601  
Old 12-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #112

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
then this one must be on sale for a million and a half
took a look at 'this one' I see it is sold, but truth ...I think they spent a lot of money on all the bells and whistles and nothing on decor... all browns and beiges and sooooooooo much wood and so dark ... not for me. I would not like this interior deco at all!

I would get a FULLY winterized 5er and a brand new TV maybe a Ram or a Chev
Big 'n bad fully equipped ... I'd buy some land in different places make them RV compatible for full hook ups and when I was at one someone else could use the others (thinking 5 total) these would be year round sites too with prepaid arranged propane delivery... and phone in grocery delivery if needed...OK pizza too!
that would take care of my million because I am sure the insurance etc, would eat it all away'
Maybe I don't fit in the rules but that is what I would do....