Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #183

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post

Life is too short to worry about the little things that other people do.
100% Correct!!!

C&SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #184

Fleetwood Owners Club
Being retired means this is all small stuff and not on my radar. I had an acronym but reconsidered to save the moderator from trying to consider if it warranted some action to save the audience from permanent brain injury or even worse as this run on sentence ending in a preposition may all it takes to do it to.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #185

My southern born wife says that if you unscrew something, or let someone or something go, then you have turned it/them "aloose." (She adds the 'A')

Also, to see if something is spoiled or to check an odor she ways to smell "of-it."
Old 08-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #186

Anybody seen the movie Idiocracy? A comedy about the seemingly inevitable slide toward the lowest common denominator. Would be funnier if it was not so scarily priescent. Look up the plot on Wikipedia!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #187

If everyone spelled everything correctly you would be without a pet peeve. Would you miss it like you would a pet dog? Life's too short to sweat the small fecal matter.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #188

Ford Super Duty Owner
This is the one that has begun to bother me as of late and that is the incorrect usage of the word OUT.

For example. I need to change OUT my oil. I'm going to separate OUT the laundry. Somebody can get OUT of the car, but is it necessary to change OUT the light bulb? You can take change OUT of your pocket but is it necessary to change OUT my pants? I have heard many other examples of the misuse of this word. Begin to listen for it and it will jump out at you when you become aware of how often it is misused. It's also an example of being redundant.

Listen to the news casters on radio and TV or just about anybody on TV, talk shows, movies and just about everything. They all are very bad when it comes to misusing the word OUT. I believe it has come from people wanting to place a greater emphasis on a message that they are trying to get across.

There's one more thing. There is no such word as SNUCK. The past tense of sneak is sneaked and not SNUCK. You will also hear that one very often. As a matter of fact I can't remember the last time I heard anybody on the TV say sneaked. It is always SNUCK. I know some of you may say that it has been accepted today as being OK to say SNUCK.

TeJay
Old 08-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #189

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan24601 View Post
Being retired means this is all small stuff and not on my radar. I had an acronym but reconsidered to save the moderator from trying to consider if it warranted some action to save the audience from permanent brain injury or even worse as this run on sentence ending in a preposition may all it takes to do it to.
Good one Alan. Your sentence gave me a kink in my frontal lobe two to too.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:57 AM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzer60 View Post
My southern born wife says that if you unscrew something, or let someone or something go, then you have turned it/them "aloose." (She adds the 'A')

Also, to see if something is spoiled or to check an odor she ways to smell "of-it."
Ditto on that. My southern wife and I have been together 4 years. I still at time have to ask her to repeat herself slowly.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:24 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandjon View Post
Ditto on that. My southern wife and I have been together 4 years. I still at time have to ask her to repeat herself slowly.
I'm married to a southerner and have to ask him to spell some words because I cannot understand him. We're married for almost 25 years.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #192

Most of those errors would pass a spell checker. Maybe that is why they are becoming so prolific.
Here is a monstrosity constructed of similar errors. This little story actually has no misspelled words.

Won sap pun a tine dare washer ladle gull culled Goal Deluxe zoo leave din dissenter offer lodge forced widow mutter sander fodder.

Ones window ladle gull and/or pear rents swear aweigh, dare hop penned topaz buy tree beers -- ham other beer, ha dotty beer, inner ladle bay be beer.

Sea ingot dough row pin, bay be beer win tinfoil ode buys modern fodder. Dot repairs wondered true Goal Deluxe souse: day eight parch; day satin cheers; sand atlas day fellow slip into tree bids.

Wend Goal Deluxe inner mud rend fodder god hum, daze awe sun thin whirrs rung.

"Sum bodice bin neat tender parch," sad Goal Deluxe, "an day aided awl! Handsome bodice bins it ten end dough's cheers!"

Gong Hindu turbid run, Goal Deluxe led otters cream: "Sum bodice bin slipping inner bids anthers till dare!"

Herring hearse cream, dot repair sleep tout ha bet innate Goal Deluxe sander pear rents sup.

Ream embark ids: Led slipping beers lye.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #193

National RV Owners Club
Don't confuse the issue.

I haven't laugh this much sťance I seen the move Mad,Mad, Mad world.
If I misspelled any wards you can blame it on my Spell Check.
Some or I should say all of the words that have different meaning get me.
Like the following.
To, too or two.
Then we have there or their.
I could go on but who care?
I think I drove my wife nuts asking her about the words
that sound the same but were spelled different ways.
Just a thought.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #194

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
To tell ya truth - I've thought about it since, and concluded that depending on other body language - the meaning of the extended digit can vary widely. For instance - I could be smiling and both of us laughing and shooting those birds all in good fun. So - still holds up. Seems we'd probably have a great conversation over a cold one sometime. Lol.
Then there are those geniuses who use that finger to point out things sometimes, who are really clueless that they are being offensive to others...and it is really only offensive because the other person will not control their own mind enough to quit thiking about it.

MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote

« Route 66 | Mercedes »