Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #113

We could indeed! This thread is a cool way to see how people think differently from one another.
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #114
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Adjective

1. gramatical m and f (plural gramaticais)
of or pertaining to grammar

2. grammatical; following the rules of grammar

Actually, both are correct and gramatical doesn't show up as a misspelling in my spell check.

If you really didn't care what people thought, would you dress the way you do? Allow your RV to be covered in mud and bugs? We ALL care about what people think.
I taught many subjects over the years, a few of them teaching adult education on employment skills. We Interviewed many business HR folks in writing the grant for funding our program. Their input helped us decide what to teach. The most comments were on dressing appropriately for the job they were interviewing for, and good writing and speaking skills because the new hires would represent them to the public. It was very important to them.

Sure, we all miss a letter or a word, but ignoring all punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure to the point of being incomprehensible defeats the purpose of this forum, to communicate and help each other in the RV community.
Well, ya'll can have this thread. I just have one last post in it, as I don't care who spells what way - I was just making a point.

And again, I guess it depends on what you read.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gramatical
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #115

Hee hee hee, this is the thing about spelling, there's the English way, the Canadian way, and the American way
Old 02-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #116

English accept spelling such as spelt (not the bread) for spelled, dreamt for dreamed, Canadian and American teachers won't accept that.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #117

Monaco Owners Club
Oh and don't forget "color" and "colour" both are correct except here in the US
Old 02-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #118

National RV Owners Club
It's OK to have pet peeves, I have plenty of my own. This forum has members from many different locations and backgrounds. Personally I don't care if someone misspells a word or two or ten if he or she is helping solve my problem. If I wanted perfect spelling and grammar I'd be on a different site. It's not like these are legal documents that may be reviewed by the courts for accuracy or loopholes.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #119

National RV Owners Club
itzreelyitrestinghowthisthredhasspredoutovrsewmeny paiges.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #120

That was fun! ^^^^^
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #121

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan
itzreelyitrestinghowthisthredhasspredoutovrsewmeny paiges.
Howmanyexactly?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #122

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Howmanyexactly?
didentcountem
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #123

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Now that the language and spelling issues have been solved, anyone care to discuss math, history, or maybe chemistry - or science?

Just being a little sarcastic of course......
Old 02-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #124

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
It's OK to have pet peeves, I have plenty of my own. This forum has members from many different locations and backgrounds. Personally I don't care if someone misspells a word or two or ten if he or she is helping solve my problem. If I wanted perfect spelling and grammar I'd be on a different site. It's not like these are legal documents that may be reviewed by the courts for accuracy or loopholes.

X2
Old 02-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr View Post
Hee hee hee, this is the thing about spelling, there's the English way, the Canadian way, and the American way
-- and the Australian way, which is to accept that the important thing is to communicate without worrying about minor (or major) variations in spelling, grammar or pronunciation. Hard to be otherwise in our multicultural society in the middle of a global village. I'm even unconcerned if people post using all-capitals.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #126

Monaco Owners Club
Uh Oh now you just opened up another can of worms with what some consider as yelling when typing all in caps!!

« Route 66 | Mercedes »