Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #1

30 year Counterman needs a position

if this is improper for the forum feel free to flag and remove it, please.

i left a position last spring to follow an offer to fill another opening at a competing dealership, and just after six months in, a new GM laid me off due to "slow sales" (his words); my department manager tried to make him reconsider but the die was cast and his decision was final. i have nearly 30 years experience in Supply and Logistics; not just auto parts but industrial and agricultural equipment as well, and have run the gamut locally trying to find another position that fits my expertise. if there is ANYONE on the forum with ANY contacts in the Charleston SC area, please PM me with a lead on a position.
i also have extensive experience in Metal Fabrication, operating press brakes, punch presses, sheet metal shears, drill presses, horizontal mills and lathes. i can read and follow blueprints and engineering drawings to produce parts and assemblies.
raccoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Good luck & God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Racoonman you might want to start looking into surrounding states if you've tapped out everything local.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #4

Isn't it interesting how our government says the recession is over? Yet so many more people are forced into early retirement. Makes me wonder how truthful they are.
BTW I was laid off for the second time in September.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #5

thanks for letting me put this out here, and thanks for your support. Charleston is nearly in the middle of the SC coast, so searching long-distance for work is not YET a viable option. more on that in a minute.
yes, i've heard the news report that somehow hundreds of thousands of jobs have magically appeared.... not sure on what planet that is, though.

my quandary here is, whether to keep beating my head on the floor locally and keep my home of sixteen years, or to seek a new start elsewhere and default on my mortgage. here, as it is everywhere else, probably, there is a "good old boy" mindset, and, if you're not "one of them", you're basically out of luck getting into a good position, regardless of your skills and experience. truthfully, i'm sick to death of dealership politics, because i've seen firsthand how idiotic and counterproductive that kind of system is for over ten years.

i'm not an idiot; i'm not a fool, and i don't tolerate idiocy or fools well when it comes to doing business. unfortunately, i don't make those decisions; the owners and upper management go out of their way to seek out idiots and fools and give them decision-making capability.

i don't want to give up my sticks-n-bricks; but the way things are going here, it is only a matter of time before i MUST.

again; if anyone here has a local Charleston SC contact, please feel free to pass along my name and cell phone number.
Curt Lee; 843-860-8353.
raccoonman is offline   Reply With Quote