Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #15

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
That sounds amazing!
Yes, it really was. from age 8 until I went to work at age 15 this was my typical summer day:

1. Get up and have breakfast.

2. After a while waterski with whatever friend, including me, that had gas in thier boat. There were four of us that had thier own boat.

3.Swim or just lie around until lunch.

4. After lunch repeat 2 & 3

Memorial Day, Fourth Of July and Labor Day We had the calm bakes on the front lawn right on the water.

Do I feel lucky? Darn right. We were not rich, but I would say upper middle class, and I had a great childhood.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Out here it is peach season... so it's peach pie, Brats, dogs, and hamburgers, along with coleslaw from the cabbage grown in the garden, potato salad from new potatoes, and whatever jello confections happen to appear at the table...never the same. Oh, and one of mom's novel beverage concotions from whatever koolaid, hawaiian punch, and/or juice she has about.
I remember a favorite childhood memory was going to Peabody to see the fireworks. Our town didn't have any when I was little, so we loaded up a blanket and all the kids in the car and went about 15 miles to Peabody. Dad couldn't afford to get us into the park where they shot them off and had bands playing music and all, but we would find a nice spot out along a farmer's field, pull in, spread out the blankets, oh, yeah, Mom and dad had lawn chairs they used, and we would wait for the grand show to begin. we'd lie there on the blanket and eww and ahh and Ohh! Perhaps the best part was pretending to be asleep when we got home so daddy would carry us in and put us on our beds and throw a blanket on us...IN OUR CLOTHES without a bath! (of course, we were eaten up with chiggers the next day...but the city pool followed by good old caladryl helped cool those itches down!)
Old 06-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
Yes, it really was. from age 8 until I went to work at age 15 this was my typical summer day:

1. Get up and have breakfast.

2. After a while waterski with whatever friend, including me, that had gas in thier boat. There were four of us that had thier own boat.

3.Swim or just lie around until lunch.

4. After lunch repeat 2 & 3

Memorial Day, Fourth Of July and Labor Day We had the calm bakes on the front lawn right on the water.

Do I feel lucky? Darn right. We were not rich, but I would say upper middle class, and I had a great childhood.
WOW it sounds like you had a great childhood Lots of great memories.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Out here it is peach season... so it's peach pie, Brats, dogs, and hamburgers, along with coleslaw from the cabbage grown in the garden, potato salad from new potatoes, and whatever jello confections happen to appear at the table...never the same. Oh, and one of mom's novel beverage concotions from whatever koolaid, hawaiian punch, and/or juice she has about.
I remember a favorite childhood memory was going to Peabody to see the fireworks. Our town didn't have any when I was little, so we loaded up a blanket and all the kids in the car and went about 15 miles to Peabody. Dad couldn't afford to get us into the park where they shot them off and had bands playing music and all, but we would find a nice spot out along a farmer's field, pull in, spread out the blankets, oh, yeah, Mom and dad had lawn chairs they used, and we would wait for the grand show to begin. we'd lie there on the blanket and eww and ahh and Ohh! Perhaps the best part was pretending to be asleep when we got home so daddy would carry us in and put us on our beds and throw a blanket on us...IN OUR CLOTHES without a bath! (of course, we were eaten up with chiggers the next day...but the city pool followed by good old caladryl helped cool those itches down!)
Love peaches and all the foods sound yummy. I really love the firework memories that you have.......so funny that you all pretended to be asleep .
Old 06-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks everyone for sharing your memories with all of us! It is sure fun to read about them and gives me lots of ideas as to the important things that our grandkids will probably remember too. Plus gives me great ideas.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #20

4th of July memory.
Family and i going to grandfathers lake cabin in the 60's when i was 8 or 9 to Summit lake in Washington west of Olympia. To watch the fire works over the lake. Great times, will never forget it. I can still remember the old dirt roads you had to drive on to get to the cabin off the highway.
Now it has a gated community on the lake!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty14 View Post
4th of July memory.
Family and i going to grandfathers lake cabin in the 60's when i was 8 or 9 to Summit lake in Washington west of Olympia. To watch the fire works over the lake. Great times, will never forget it. I can still remember the old dirt roads you had to drive on to get to the cabin off the highway.
Now it has a gated community on the lake!
I know that lake! Its not that far away from us. We used to take our boat out to Lake Washington and boat over to Gasworks park. It became to long of a day for some of the little ones so we stopped.

We have a cabin on the boat but their mom's were not very happy lol.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #22

As a kid we would shut down the street, play volleyball, ping pong, shoot pool, water balloon tosses & swim in the backyard. We even had a neighbor who did elvis impressions so he would sing for us. At night we would still swim but we'd get out to light fireworks. My aunt Laura lived 2 blocks over so we would go visit their block party as well. They didn't have a pool but it was still loads of fun.

Now we scramble to find something to do for the 4th. We were supposed to make it a tradition to go up to Lake Arrowhead every year to watch their fireworks show (thats where & when DH proposed) but we stalled on reserving because its in the middle of the week and we could never get a solid head count on who all wanted to go. We're hoping that the owner will be able to squeeze us in.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand View Post
As a kid we would shut down the street, play volleyball, ping pong, shoot pool, water balloon tosses & swim in the backyard. We even had a neighbor who did elvis impressions so he would sing for us. At night we would still swim but we'd get out to light fireworks. My aunt Laura lived 2 blocks over so we would go visit their block party as well. They didn't have a pool but it was still loads of fun.

Now we scramble to find something to do for the 4th. We were supposed to make it a tradition to go up to Lake Arrowhead every year to watch their fireworks show (thats where & when DH proposed) but we stalled on reserving because its in the middle of the week and we could never get a solid head count on who all wanted to go. We're hoping that the owner will be able to squeeze us in.
Good luck I hope you guys get into the CG.

Either way have a happy 4th!
Old 07-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #24

As a child, we would go to watch the fireworks at the same place every year. I remember sitting on a grassy hillside and watching the fireworks go ka-BOOM!!

Leetsdale, PA was the name of the town sponsoring the displays.
jpriest is offline   Reply With Quote