Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #15
My tap dance teacher just turned 93!! She can out-dance and out-think all of us put together. She's mean as a snake...I think that's the secret.

Gene, Gayle, & Oliver
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV
G.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #16
Fleetwood Owners Club
To me it is health, not my age that will determine when to stop. As long as I am at least reasonably healthy, I will continue to enjoy my motorhome. The trips may be shorter in distance, but to me it has never been all about the destination, more about the journey.

John- 2011 Fleetwood Southwind 32V
catonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #17
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
I hope I die a peaceful death in my sleep at the ripe old age of 104, like dad did.... Not terrified and screaming like the rest of the folks that were with him in his '74 Merc.
That is not right!

The original owner of my rig was 84 when she traded it for a new View.
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Stowmaster Towbar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy AD.
navychaps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #18
Texas Boomers Club
Gooooooooooo Freddddddddddddddd, I am 73 and just bought a 40' class A. If we are still safe lte's keep on with the keeping on.
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial
2004 Jeep Cherokee
kben39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #19

Our government said that at age 60, I was too old to continue driving my 747-400. Wingspan 100'+, weighing more than 700,000 pounds. With 300+ people in the back. 37 years, never scratched paint, no violations, no incidents, no accidents, nothing.

I am now driving a Dutch Star, at 'only' 32,000 pounds and 63+ feet with the towed.

I intend to not allow the government to take this pleasure away.

You go for it.
singpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #20
At 70 we are taking our ATVs to Dunefest in Oregon with our 42' RV, then on to THE RBICON TRAIL with our Jeep and two nights sleeping in the jeep on the trail. Not ready to slow down yet.
Outlaw LS '16 JK Ruby '13 TJ '04 Ruby XJ '98-all built for Moab, HD Trike '15, AC Wildcat Trail in garage
Dav5942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Happy birthday, Fred!!!
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #22
Thor Owners Club
70 isn't old and unless there something obvious goin on with you driving should be no problem......ask a trusted friend or family friend from time to time if they have any concerns about your driving. Its difficult to identify when driving skills begin to diminish and nobody wants to be the person who causes an accident because of diminishing driving skills....the consequences are often life changing. We live in an area where lots of retired folks live and about once a week we read about an elder who has had a major accident caused by.....diminished driving skills......so ask a son/daughter, friend to assess your driving from time to time.......

Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote