Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-05-2006, 05:19 AM   #15
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom and Patty:
It's just convesation. I think if this thread goes enviromental and political our moderators might have to shut it down. So.........no comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that the big problem in our country these days? We always want to talk about symptoms but not the reasons why! We are afraid we might offend people of faith, Republicans, Democrats, the gun guys, doctors and drug companies. The list goes on and on.

According to a recent poll only one in four Americans can name more than one of the five Freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment (freedom of speech, religion, press, assembly and petition for redress of grievances.) However, more than half can name at least two members of the Simpson's cartoon family. About one in five thought the right to own a pet was protected.

We have some very serious problems in the US these days. It's time to start using our brains before it's too late. We are seeing more censorship than ever before. It's time we once again discuss issues intelligently. We might even learn something!

Vegascpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2006, 08:51 AM   #16

Yes, there's a lot wrong with this country, but there's a lot right with it as well.

Vega, I think you got off the topic a tad, but I'm sure you were referring to the comment about Global Warming. As far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out on that one. If we have Global Warming, then why did we just have snow in March when it almost never snows in March?

I think the biggest problem in this country is FAT...our kids dont get enough exercise. Whatever happened to Physical Education?

Maybe you should start another post where people can gripe about what they think is wrong with the USA....

<font color="#0000ff">George Eldridge

Cynthia Totten</font>
Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #17
To think I stopped by to brag about our BEAUTIFUL weather today... but I guess the fact that it is sunny and 72 is too light hearted.

I agree with George, time for vegas to start their own topic.
Happy trails!
Cat (& Jimmy)
New to us: 2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
OkieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
George, You're right there is a lot of what's right in the U.S. of A. A great majority of it comes from our Constitution and our brave men and women of the U.S. Military (past and present) who have fought to protect those rights. Thank you to you, and all the people who have, and are serving in the military

We were on the Kings River this weekend and it was a good spring day. A bit of fog this morning and now 65 degrees. A great time of year in the San Jaoquin Valley!

Who are the Simpsons?
Tom, Patty, Hannah "The Big Dog" and Abby Kat, Indianapolis, Indiana 2000 36' FDS 72232 Our Photos
We live out in our old van. Travel all across this land. Drive until the city lights dissolve into a country sky, me and you - hand in hand.
Tom and Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #19
My car thermometer read 96?F when I left work on Wednesday. This, after daytime highs of 35 just 4-5 days earlier!
2007 K-Z Spree 320BHS
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3 PSD
Photo Gallery
Between Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:52 AM   #20
I guess I'm not sure why a comment of climatic change due to global warming is out of place when discussing 91 degree temperatures causing huge grass fires in February. Would it also be off topic when talking about the intensity of hurricanes due to warm ocean waters in the Caribbean?

I realize that with the election of Bush global warming became political. The reason is simple, it's all about money. The energy companies who financed Bush would have to use some of those record profits for cleaner air. Webster I have no idea what your background is. It may well be that you are an expert in the field and in that case your feeling that the jury is out might well be appropriate. However, in the scientific community there is no disagreement. All of the other industrial countries in the world are also in agreement. The US has the distinction of being the world's biggest polluter and we are alone in our opposition to cleaning up the air that we all breathe.

In answer to the off topic comments there is a lot right about our country. That is true. However, there is also a lot wrong with this country. I never thought I would see a day when the government could hold American citizens indefinitely with out charging them with a crime. I never thought I would see a day when there would be large numbers of secret court proceedings (yesterday's news). I never thought I would see a day when our government would spy on our phone conversations and E-mails without warrants. I never thought I would see the day when our ports would be controlled by the Arabs. We squandered huge budget surplus and now are spending records amounts of money that we have to borrow from the Arabs! I too feel sorry for those brave men and women who are loosing their lives in a war that will never end. I can't understand why anyone would risk their life for military service these days for little pay or benefits.
Vegascpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:04 AM   #21
Tiffin Owners Club
Want cheese with that?
Warren and Debbie
2014 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:19 AM   #22

Could not agree with you more. I have served this country in uniform, and would put one on again if there was a justified cause.

Maybe not the right thread or forum for this discussion....... someone may be listening in.

Take care,

..... as my freind Neal would say, Keep the Rubber Side Down

Walt / Julie Darden

2004 Alpine 40FDTS
Indio is offline   Reply With Quote