Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #141

Monaco Owners Club
global warming is a myth in MHO!

Bugzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #142

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
But several thousands of scientist support the global warming theory!
I was gonna answer, but after reading some of your other replies and seeing you didnt read all the way through or follow the links to the reports, I think I'll bow out.

Quote:
Background: Only 52 Scientists Participated in UN IPCC Summary
The notion of "hundreds" or "thousands" of UN scientists agreeing to a scientific statement does not hold up to scrutiny. (See report debunking "consensus" LINK) Recent research by Australian climate data analyst John McLean revealed that the IPCC's peer-review process for the Summary for Policymakers leaves much to be desired. (LINK) (LINK) (LINK) & (LINK) (Note: The 52 scientists who participated in the 2007 IPCC Summary for Policymakers had to adhere to the wishes of the UN political leaders and delegates in a process described as more closely resembling a political party’s convention platform battle, not a scientific process - LINK)
One former UN IPCC scientist bluntly told EPW how the UN IPCC Summary for Policymakers “distorted” the scientists work. “I have found examples of a Summary saying precisely the opposite of what the scientists said,” explained South Afican Nuclear Physicist and Chemical Engineer Dr. Philip Lloyd, a UN IPCC co-coordinating lead author who has authored over 150 refereed publications. [Also see: Internal Report Says U.N. Climate Agency Rife With Bad Practices - Fox News – December 4, 2008 ]
Proponents of man-made global warming like to note how the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) and the American Meteorological Society (AMS) have issued statements endorsing the so-called "consensus" view that man is driving global warming. But both the NAS and AMS never allowed member scientists to directly vote on these climate statements. Essentially, only two dozen or so members on the governing boards of these institutions produced the "consensus" statements. This report gives a voice to the rank-and-file scientists who were shut out of the process. (LINK) [ AlsoSee: MIT Climate Scientist Exposes ‘Corrupted Science’ in Devastating Critique – November 29, 2008 ]
One of the more recent attempts to imply there was an overwhelming scientific "consensus" in favor of man-made global warming fears came in December 2007 during the UN climate conference in Bali. A letter signed by only 215 scientists urged the UN to mandate deep cuts in carbon dioxide emissions by 2050. But absent from the letter were the signatures of these alleged "thousands" of scientists. (See AP article: - LINK ) The more than 700 scientists expressing skepticism, comes after the UN IPCC chairman Rajendra Pachauri implied that there were only “about a dozen" skeptical scientists left in the world. (LINK) Former Vice President Gore has claimed that scientists skeptical of climate change are akin to "flat Earth society members" and similar in number to those who "believe the moon landing was actually staged in a movie lot in Arizona." (LINK) & (LINK)

Ok.. just one last time

There are nearly 18,000 signatures from scientists worldwide on a petition called The Oregon Petition which says that there is no evidence for man-made global warming theory nor for any impact from mankind’s activities on climate.
Many scientists believe that the Kyoto agreement is a total waste of time and one of the biggest political scams ever perpetrated on the public … as H L Mencken said “the fundamental aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed, and hence clamorous to be led to safety, by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary” … the desire to save the world usually fronts a desire to rule it.

have a good day

Old 01-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #143

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
My point of view is a variation on that of Newmar- 94. I'm not sure that the "man made" aspect is true or not. However, what I do know is that generations of our leadership have brought us to a point where our country's wealth continues to be syphoned off to pay for our use of oil and there is no end in sight.[snip]
Rick
I agree 100%. Climate change is real, I don't think there is any scientific debate on it. Whether or not it is man-made or another natural cycle is being hotly debated. Usually the degree of being informed is inversely proportional to the degree of the debate's hotness.

The relevant point is that the US has had enough wake up calls about energy to be able to swear off caffeine forever and squanders every opportunity to stop enriching countries that don't like us very much. Why do you suppose our government is so resistant to come up with something that works? Next time you have a few minutes, drop a note to the senator from Exxon and ask him.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #144

Quote:
that generations of our leadership have brought us to a point where our country's wealth continues to be siphoned off to pay for our use of oil and there is no end in sight.[snip]
There is an end in sight and it is right beneath our feet and off our shores. We have enough oil in America to never need to buy from anybody else. We are just not permitted to do so by the politicians beholding to groups that give them money to get reelected and for bureaucrats to think they are powerful. I am all for alternatives, but when we get alternatives viable, we will have spend trillions of dollars per decade overseas and leave the valuable resources of oil, gas, and coal in the ground.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #145

I'd sure take some Global Warming here in Idaho being this is on of the coldest winter on record for us!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	-25F-1-1-11.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	7509  
Old 01-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #146

Quote:
I was gonna answer, but after reading some of your other replies and seeing you didnt read all the way through or follow the links to the reports, I think I'll bow out.
YUP - we have to recognize that the "Global Warming" theory is very much a religion to those who devoutly follow that particular "faith" - OR it's similar associated offshoot - the equally religion-like belief and acceptance that MAN ALONE has created climate change - and has the power (for a price!) to somehow change or correct it. And of course, that "price" is transference of power and wealth from the masses to their owner/leaders - government and industrialists...

But sadly, simply walking away from discussions like this only leaves the floor totally open for the "Environmental Evangelists" - who then face NO vocal opposition to the spread of their chosen religion...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #147

mrschwarz, there is something that 'works' and in fact it is the ONLY thing that you can count on to really work whether or not the sun is shining or the wind is blowing and that is our own reserves of natural gas and crude oil; as mentioned one small part of PA has roughly 200 years of gas (thats two hundred years of gas for the entire COUNTRY) conservative estimates put our own oil reserves at about a 300 year supply at current consumption levels.
Does anyone know when the last nuclear plant came online and when the last refinery was built in the States?

Oil-it works and it our only option.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #148

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rough road View Post
mrschwarz, there is something that 'works' and in fact it is the ONLY thing that you can count on to really work whether or not the sun is shining or the wind is blowing and that is our own reserves of natural gas and crude oil; as mentioned one small part of PA has roughly 200 years of gas (thats two hundred years of gas for the entire COUNTRY) conservative estimates put our own oil reserves at about a 300 year supply at current consumption levels.
Does anyone know when the last nuclear plant came online and when the last refinery was built in the States?

Oil-it works and it our only option.
Just look at how far we have come since the early 70s in terms of cleaning up the emissions from internal combustion engines. We can do more without "throwing out the baby with the bathwater" in terms of more efficient gasolene and diesel engines. That combined with new technology nuclear electric generation and freedom of domestic oil production will be the answer for the US.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #149

I agree; for those who believe in the myth of :Man Made Global Warming: here is a quote from the 1920's,

"The deception had been so complete the onset so sudden that organized resistance was out of the question. The English, heedless of the signs of the gathering storm had been lulled into a state of false security, and the awakening was terrible indeed"

-Samuel Adam Drake-
Old 01-04-2011, 08:42 AM   #150

More food for thought:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/ctl/resource10k.html

http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs-0059-99/

http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo/homo_3.htm

Or perhaps the best:

http://drroyspencer.com/
Old 01-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #151

I think the worst thing that has happened to modern society is 24 hour news! A recent University study came to the conclusion that the "More You Watch the Less you Know!" I don't think anyone would argue that our government isn't controlled by large corporations all them have a profit motive. They control all of the information that you receive. I can remember years ago people saying our kids using computers would no longer be able to think on their own. Sad to say we all watch too much TV, and we can no longer think on our own!

Regardless of what you feel about Global Warming, change is coming. Do you really want to live in a city with air like Beijing? We all know that $5 a gallon gas is coming back. Can $10 a gallon be far behind? How does that fit into your budget? We can argue all day about what we see as fact, but the real fact is we will have to change or we won't survive, it's that simple. The only real reason this debate goes on is that someone is going to loose Billions as change takes place. They will do everything they can to hold off change as long as possible.

Michael
2005 Dutch Star 40' 4 slide
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid
Old 01-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #152

Are those the same corporations that have given America the highest standard of living in the history of the world? I sure hope they make a good profit because I, like most Americans either now or later on will depend on investments in them. Is somebody controlling this information we are exchanging right now?

This might come as a shock that CO2 has nothing do with air pollution and the US air pollution has dropped very drastically from it’s peak around 1970. Water pollution is also way down. Glad to meet somebody that speaks for us all (We all know). Global warming reductions will do nothing to affect the climate. That’s what this debate is about. What the legislation or regulations by unelected bureaucrats will do is shift control and costs from the achievers to the unachievers in our society.

Today, the administration finally OK’ed the resumption of offshore drilling in the Gulf, but we still ban it almost everywhere else and the permitting process has all but eliminated increases in domestic production. With our huge reserves, we are the laughing stock of OPEC. We are also expanding our war on coal. I assume that to help out, you will be parking that motor home and just driving your hybrid.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #153

Lindsay, thank you for that last sentence-at least two here need to read it and then act on their beliefs and sell the rv: immediately, what are the chances come to think of it shouldn't they sell the hybrid also ??
Old 01-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #154
a k

Newmar Owners Club
I know I ain't going to die from global warming. Might starve to death or freeze maybe.
Hell, gonna die anyway.