Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #155

Lindsay Richards - Gobal Climate Change or not - corporations did not make America great. It is our labor force that has done so. If corporations were to be unbridled, we would still have child labor and economic slavery.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #156

Well, Dick, that is all an unprovable matter of opinion on both our parts, but I believe in the American Free Market system and the value of the great American worker. Unfortunately in my lifetime, I have seen what I see to be big degrading on both. That too is a matter of opinion and unprovable. Our system of competition by employees and corporations keeps working conditions up and it is not good economic sense to not reward and maintain a great workforce. A good worker produces a lots more that he costs. If an employee is willing to do whatever they can to improve their skills and value to the company, there is no limit to their potential. In many countries, you are born into a class and can not improve yourself. I think the fact that less than 2% of workers are making minimum wage bolsters my theory. 97% of millionaires are self made and did not inherit their money. In my opinion, the notion that all corporations are bad and evil is just plain wrong. I used to be a corporation myself.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:19 AM   #157

Dick, without corporations the workers would not have had jobs, without workers the corporations would not have brought anything to market; the two are dependent on each other and Unions have always had a parasitic relationship with both hosts.

As for organized labor, at one time it was necessary but that was many, many years ago.
We have gone from being able to build a bomber every 45 minutes or so to not even making our own clothing because of unreasonable/unsustainable Union benefits, wages: the demands of the ecoterrorists to get all medium to heavy manufacturing out of America so the Country will return to its former 'pristine' self and the need to have a developing Nation, China, buy our debt-to enable the financing of failing/failed Democrat programs and the financing of corruption in Government to the point that 'we' are now required to cede to the wishes of this emerging giant.

These thoughts come from a former Teamster.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #158

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by rough road View Post
Dick, without corporations the workers would not have had jobs, without workers the corporations would not have brought anything to market; the two are dependent on each other and Unions have always had a parasitic relationship with both hosts.

As for organized labor, at one time it was necessary but that was many, many years ago.

I imagine that corporations are now our benevolent big brothers, from my experience very few business owners will pay more than they are held to by contract. We wouldn't be having the heathcare debates if it was left to the corporations, they just wouldn't pay. Unions whether you believe it or not are the ones responsible for our standard of living, for all Americans union or not because they set the bar. We would be working 12 hours a day six days a week in company towns were it not for the union .
We have gone from being able to build a bomber every 45 minutes or so to not even making our own clothing because of unreasonable/unsustainable Union benefits, wages:
Would you rather be working for 2 dollars a day with no benefits?
the demands of the ecoterrorists to get all medium to heavy manufacturing out of America so the Country will return to its former 'pristine' self and the need to have a developing Nation, China, buy our debt-to enable the financing of failing/failed Democrat programs It seems as though both Parties have equal hands in our economy.

and the financing of corruption in Government to the point that 'we' are now required to cede to the wishes of this emerging giant.

These thoughts come from a former Teamster.
You may have been in the Teamsters Union, but you were never a "Union Man"
Old 01-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #159

Wow, it is this sort of thinking that has gotten the private sector union precipitation down from 40% to less than 7% in the last 4 decades and hastened the bulk of manufacturing jobs out of the country. Successful companies have to have good relations with their employees and successful employees must have good relations with their employers. The anti each other leads only to the hurting of America. We are all in this together. One only has to look at the workers of the "transplant" US autoworkers who are now making 50% of the autos in the US and the UAW's race to the bottom and $60 billion retiree bailout.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #160
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Folks, we're getting

Let's get back on topic.

Thanks!

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #161

Quote:
Let's get back on topic.

Now that's a great idea.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #162

What was the topic?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #163

The hoax of global warming.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #164

I defie anyone to discuss global warming aka global climate change, without getting into a political discussion. We could discuss (or cuss) politics, or religion, or beauty - its all a matter of opinion. Best close this thread.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #165

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
Wow, it is this sort of thinking that has gotten the private sector union precipitation down from 40% to less than 7% in the last 4 decades and hastened the bulk of manufacturing jobs out of the country. Successful companies have to have good relations with their employees and successful employees must have good relations with their employers. The anti each other leads only to the hurting of America. We are all in this together. One only has to look at the workers of the "transplant" US autoworkers who are now making 50% of the autos in the US and the UAW's race to the bottom and $60 billion retiree bailout.
Lindsay, How are you doing? We haven't been on opposite sides of an issue since the great auto industry bailout, I must say that the global warming issue is still up in the air. Is there warming definitely, is it all man made probably not, are we contributing to it, well if some one who has been in a major city where it's 5 to 10 degrees warmer than the surrounding area how can you doubt it? The means by which we determine the degree that humans impact the environment is the only question.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #166

Hey there Hondo. Been a long time since we talked. From your photo in your avatar, you haven't aged a bit. I think if you study global warming a bit, you will agree with me. I look at it almost every day. I used to be a believe, but it is all a scam. Other countries are running away in droves. We (the US) have spent over $100 billion on research on it. If we had spent that money on alternative energy research, we would be further ahead for sure.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #167

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
Hey there Hondo. Been a long time since we talked. From your photo in your avatar, you haven't aged a bit. I think if you study global warming a bit, you will agree with me. I look at it almost every day. I used to be a believe, but it is all a scam. Other countries are running away in droves. We (the US) have spent over $100 billion on research on it. If we had spent that money on alternative energy research, we would be further ahead for sure.
I think my jowls have drooped a bit!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #168

Quote:
I think my jowls have drooped a bit!
I noticed that, but didn't want to say anything.