Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Who are "they" you speak of Jimmy?

God may have built the earth to handle anything man can throw at it... even garbage thrown from the windows of our cars will disappear over time but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Personally I would rather teach our children to take good care of our planet rather than to instill in them that they can do whatever they like and it won't have an impact on the environment we all share.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #16
a k
Newmar Owners Club
I have a neighbor that is a dyed in the wool recycler and he constantly throws his cigarette buts out the car window.

a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #17
Originally Posted by a k View Post
I have a neighbor that is a dyed in the wool recycler and he constantly throws his cigarette buts out the car window.
That is a subject that really irks me - just take a look at the discarded butts at any well traveled crossroads with a traffic light. I've been involved in verbal "jousting matches" more then a few times with those slobs!!!

Climate change (the new buzz phrase) is an interesting sideline spectator pastime for me
Dave W along with my DW, Susan and our poodlepups, Callie & Molly,2011 Ford F250 6.7 CCLB, 5er Hitch Option w/B&W Hitch,,Ride Rite air bags, 2014 Montana High Country 343RL (38')
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #18
Solo Rvers Club
I agree with everyone! IMHO, Mother Earth, although getting some abuse by humans, will outlast every one of us! The ants will get the last laugh....
'07 Itasca 35L/W22 FULL-TIMING
1000 Trails - VFW - 5 Yrs Army
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #19
94-Newmar Kountry Star 40-KSDP
Spartan/Cummins 8.3C-300HP/Allison 3060 WTEC-II/25yr RV Tech RVIA Certified/Onan-Cummins Certified
94-Newmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #21
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As I sit here after the "blizzard" that we had, I *&tch because DH won't move to a warm climate because of "global warming" and he uses the temps this winter as proof! He says just wait a few years, it will be warm up here!
Landcruisers for life
2 adults, 2 kids (tweens) and 2 dogs
2004 Fltwd Southwind 32V from 2000 Tioga 26F
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #22
Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
So why... was the winter we spent in Arizona very cold, why was Florida so cold the last two winters, and WHY can't I get out of my driveway because of the snow. We NEVER have snow before January but the 5vr has icicles and we were supposed to leave tomorrow for Sarasota FL

I would like a little warming NOW!!!!!

We can do nothing about the weather, since the earth was formed the weather has done only one predictable thing.... C H A N G E

Happy New Year
Nancy & Bill, Camden, NC
Retired and having fun
Cardinal 29WB, '14 Ford F250 dsl 4wd
ncason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #23
This is a topic that in my opinion should not be political. We should all be concerned about mother earth and what we are doing to it. To say that there is debate about global warming or climate change in the scientific community is simply not true. The only debate about global warming is political and religious.

Global warming accentuates weather patterns. If it’s going to be hot and dry it makes it hotter and dryer. What we are seeing now is lots of rain in California and snow on the East coast is due to the warming of the oceans which makes more water vapor in the air. When that moist air hits an arctic front, it’s cold and wet.

The problem with global warming is that it is created by wealthy countries and has the biggest impacts on poor countries. People living at sea level are seeing their farm lands invaded by salty sea water. Glaciers are melting and in time drinking water will disappear in countries like Peru and Tibet. I know many could care less what happens to the less fortunate but our grand children will care when it affects them.

As the world’s population has increased we’ve had to learn how to handle the pollution that we humans produce. In the dark ages it was our sewer that caused the plagues. Now we have to deal with air pollution. Why are you so excited about living in polluted cities like LA?

The internal combustion engine has become a staple of developed civilizations. However, it is an inefficient system that consumes large quantities of fossil fuels and pollutes the environment with greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming. We need to find an alternative if the earth as we know it is going to survive. This is not just our problem it’s a global problem. Most of the countries in the world recognize global warming and are willing to work towards solutions. However, we in the US have been dragging our feet.

Yes it will cost money to cut our air pollution, but the benefits are enormous. If nothing else we won’t be sending Hundreds of Billions of dollars to the Middle East! I don’t know about you but I like breathing clean air!

2005 Dutch Star 40’ 4 slide
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid
vegascouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Very well said Michael.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #25
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
rough road
If you are still in SC hang in there. The weather guessers are saying the temps will rebound to the mid 60's by the week end, warm up starting Wednesday.
My snow drift was all of 1/4 inch so the south is still better then the north. I do not miss it one bit.
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40J, Roadmaster InvisiBrake Model 8700
2012 Chevy Captiva
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #26

Science and Public Policy

Global warming is NORMAL, there is NOTHING we can do to stop it, slow it down or alter the rate of change, unless of course your position is that 1000 years ago, when Greenland was green and the Sahra was not a desert aliens were building cars, mining coal and having themselves one heck of a time.

Wait a minute: I wonder if they had a magnetic pole flip flopper machine and tried to cover it all up.......

Double wait a minute: Just who is Al Gore anyway-have we seen HIS birth certificate, how long do vampires live again ??-about a thousand years right??????

Oh, and Michael, you drive what size rv again, pulling what behind you ??
rough road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #27
iRV2 No Limits Club
I had a conversation with one of the NOAA scientists a few months back and yes he agreed with Michael. My first degree is in anthropology and one of my personal interests is climate history.
Lets get down to the nitty gritty, what does this mean to those of us with a RV, Be prepared for weather, all kinds. one of my Christmas presents was a Reecom weather radio and the teardrop will be stocked with food and emergency supplies in case we need to bug out.
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #28
I remember back in the 70's it was an impending ice age.
Like politicians, some of these folk will say anything to get attention.

All I know right now is I've got 1/2" thick ice on the windshields of our cars and 7" of snow to ghet through before I can scrape it. Good thing I'm retired and have no place I have to be.

Bob (Squidly Down Under) & Peg - 2013 Ford Focus pushing a 2011 Phoenix Cruiser 2552S
"In God we trust" to preserve our country and bring our Troops safely home.
Carry on, regardless..................
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote