Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
DFR

Evergreen Owners Club
A sad day

Winterized the coach today in preparation of storage. Sad.....

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #2

Appalachian Campers
:(. I'm sad for you too.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFR View Post
Winterized the coach today in preparation of storage. Sad.....
Now is when we South Texans get even after having endured all the heat this summer. We still have a couple of months of RV'ing left.

Sad for you though.

Now, where's my map?

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Wow bummer... 85 here today. I won't think of putting a little antifreeze in the tanks till about January or February. There is no down time... little chilly but I can go all year long.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #5

My sad day will be th end of the month.........one more four day trip coming up and I will make the most of it..you can bet
Old 10-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #6

We officially turned on the "hibernation" clause in the RV insurance last Thursday. We got a wake-up call yesterday - frost on the north-facing roofs in the neighborhood. Outside min/max said it had only dropped to 37F, but that's the first time this fall we've seen less than 40.

I guess the air compressor's going to get it's annual work-out this week!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
You are getting cold,I am still in shorts but as an equalizer today is the anniversary of the Loma Prieta earthquake that bounced my motorhome off the levelers and toppled my neighbors chimneys and postponed the world series. We each have our problems, at least yours is predictable.

Don
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #8
Community Administrator

The only part of the manuals in the two MH's I've owned that I haven't read is WINTERIZING. I live in So. FL. I know , we have other issues to deal with, but that's fine with me. Sorry for you guys.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
I also am winterizing the coach. I am putting on a new ''slide topper on the living room'' so the Florida rain will not come in the coach while we sit on our sorry butts beside the Indian River close to Sebastian Inlet on the Atlantic side of Florida with our boat in the water and Blues biting in the inlet and steaks on the grill and maybe a ''cool one'' in the reefer. With luck we should be down there sometime in late November and come back home in April in time to send Uncle Sam enough money to buy a F16 jet.
My daddy always said that ''Retirement is tough Kid'' and he was right. I have an outboard without an electric starter on it. I actually have to ''pull the handle, sometimes twice'' to go fishin..........

Thank a vet for our freedom. Some died for it....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Just the way it works, but this weekend, the first weekend after winterizing our 5th wheel, the weather was sunny. I'm sure if we had put off winterizing it would have been miserable and cold, isnt that the way it works.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Just to make you guys feel better, well maybe not the Florida guys.

I'm flying out Sunday to pick up my new to us coach then driving it back 2k miles only to winterize it and put it away in covered storage 'till next year.

At least you got to use yours, I spent all summer/fall looking for ours. Now we'll have a new toy and all we will be able to do is sit in it and go "vroom vroom" I'm hoping for a long fall and maybe we'll get a weekend in.
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Last outing over the weekend...... windy,low 40's, heat pump gave out had to switch to propane. Forecast this week upper 30th with possible snow flurries. Colorful leaves are gone, the garden is finished, Minnesota sucks this time of the year.
crtrrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We leave for Florida a week from Friday but can feel your pain. Did the winterize and cry for a lot of years. Be back around May. Be patient, your day will come.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
That is sad, they are meant to be driven not stored.
IMPULSE DRIVEN is offline   Reply With Quote