Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-23-2015, 08:43 PM   #1
A Woman Helping A Hungry Man

God morning said a woman as she walked up to a man sitting on the ground.

The old man slowly looked up.

This was a woman clearly accustomed to the finer things of life. Her coat was new. She looked like she had never missed a meal in her life.

His first thought was she wanted to make fun of him, like so many others had done before....."leave me alone" he growled.....

To his amazement the woman continued standing.

She was smiling....her even white teeth displayed in amazing rows. "Are you hungry"? She asked?

"No" he answered sacarcasticaly. I've come from dining with the president. Now go away.

The woman's smile became even broader. Suddenly the man felt a gentle hand under his arm.

"What are you doing, lady?" The man asked angrily. I said to leave me alone.

Just then a policeman came up. Is there a problem, ma'am? He asked.

No problem here, officer the woman answered. I'm just trying to get this man to his feet, will you help me?

The officer scratched his head. That's old Jack. He's been a fixture around here for a couple of years. What do you want with him?

See that cafeteria over there, she asked. I'm going to get him something to eat and get him out of the cold for awhile.

Are yo crazy, lady? The homeless man resisted. I don't want to go in there. Then he felt strong hands grab his other arm to lift him up. Let me go officer I haven't done anything.

This is a good deal for you, Jack don't blow it.

Finally, and with some difficulty, the woman and police officer got Jack to the cafeteria and set him at a table in a remote corner. It was the middle of the morning and most of the breakfast crowd had already left and the lunch bunch had not arrived.

The manager strode across the cafeteria and stood by the table. What's going on here, officer? he asked. What is all this, is the man in trouble?

This lady brought this man in here to be fed, he replied.

Not in here, the manager said angrily. Having a man like that in here is bad for business.

Old Jack smiled a toothless grin. See, I told you lady. Now if you will let me go. I didn't want to come in here in the first place.

The woman turned to the cafeteria manager and smiled....Sir, are you familiar with Eddy and. Associates, the banking firm down the street?

Of course I am the manager replied impatiently. They hold their meeting in one of our banquet rooms weekly.

And do you make a godly amount of money providing food for these weekly meetings?

What business is that of yours?

I, sir, am Penelope Eddy the president and CEO of the company.

The woman smiled again. I thought that might make a difference. She glanced at the cop who was busy stifling a giggle. Would you like to join us for a meal and a cup of coffee, officer?

No thanks ma'am I'm on duty.

Then, perhaps a cup of coffee to go.

Yes ma'am that would be nice.

The cafeteria manager turned on his heel, I'll get your coffee right away officer.

The officer watched him walk away. You certainly put him in his place, he said.

That was not my intent, believe it or not I have a reason. For all of this.

She sat down across the table from her amazed dinner guest. Jack, do you remember me?

Old Jack searched her face with his old rheumy eyes. I think so......you do look familiar.

I'm a little older perhaps, she said. Maybe I've even filled out more than InMy younger days, when you worked here, and I came thru that very door cold and hungry.

Ma'am the officer said questionably. He couldn't believe that such a magnificently turned out woman could have ever been hungry.

I was just out of college, the woman began. I had come to this city looking for a job, but I couldn't find anything. I was down to my last few cents and had been kicked out of my apartment. I walked the streets for days. It was February and I was nearly starving. I saw this place and walked in on the off chance I could get something to eat .

Jack lit up with a smile. Now I remember, he said. I was behind the serving counter. You came up and asked if youcould work for something to eat. I said it was against company policy.

I know, the woman continued. Then you made me the biggest roast beef sandwich that I had seen, gave a cup of coffee, and told me to go over to the corner table and enjoy it. I was afraid you were going to get in trouble.......Then when I looked over and saw yOu put the price of my food in the register I knew everything was going to be alright.

So you started your own business, Jack said.

I got a job that very afternoon. I worked my way up. Eventually I started my own business that, with the help of God prospered. She opened her purse and pulled out a business card. When you are finished here. I want you to pay a visit to Mr. Lyons....He's the personnel director of my company. I'll go talk to him now, I'm sure he can find something for you to do around the office....She smiled. I think he might even find the funds to give you an advance to buy you some clothes and get a place to live until you get on your feet ......If you ever need anything my door is always open to you.

There were tears in the old man's eyes, how can I ever thank you, he said?

Don't thank me, the woman answered. To God goes the glory. Thank Jesus, he led me to you.

Outside the cafeteria the woman and the officer paused at the entrance before going their separate ways......

Thank you for all your help officer, she said.

On the contrary, Ms. Eddy, he answere. Thank you. I saw a miracle today, something I will never forget. And....thank you for the coffee.

God closes doors that no man can open, & God opens doors no man can close".............

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forums

SonnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2015, 08:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Nice story. There is a moral here.

Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 04:30 AM   #3
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have often heard "God helps those who help themselves".

What I believe is "God helps those who help each other".

As this story explains.. My personal experience, though not nearly as dramatic, is not unlike this story in that someone I helped (Jump started his car when he left his lights on) later helped me with a ride to the shop so I could pick up my car.

Or, in other words, what goes around (kindness in this case) Comes around.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Sonny B. and God Bless
poppy bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:22 AM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've always believed God puts us in each others paths when someone needs us the most. He takes the tender heart of one and blesses the person suffering. Kindness is never a waste of time.
Love the sunshine and warmer weather!
Lynne and Jerry RVM 105
2004 Winnebago Itasca Sunova / 2012 Toyota Prius / 2016 ACME EZE-Tow Dolly
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:59 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I've seen that one before, but it never gets old! Thanks Sonny!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote