Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
A word of advice.... read this

Like a lot of you I am retired on SSI and Medicare insurance for my health coverage. Back in 05 I signed up with a company that offered ''plan G'' coverage here in NC. I was assured by the salesman that it was comparable to any other policy offered as a medicare supplement. This plan stated that it would pay any and all costs not covered by Medicare concerning my health costs and it has done just that. It completely covered any and all expenses not covered by Medicare without exception.

About a week ago I got one of those ''nagging calls'' from a sales person that represented another company that offered Medicare Supplemental insurance policies. I told the person that I was quite happy with ''my company'' and the coverage they offered. The lady told me they offered the same identical plan (plan G) and the cost of it was more than ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR CHEAPER than what I was now paying. I fell out of the recliner. I sold insurance for sometime and I knew all the right questions to ask and the policy was the same as mine except it was over ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR CHEAPER.
The agent will come by tomorrow and I will cancel one and sign up for another one.......

This valuable information will cost you ten cents if you use it and you can pay me the next time you see me...... and if it dont help..... I NEVER KNEW YOU........

Check around and ''shop'' you Medicare Supplement insurance costs ..... you may save some money........

We got TROOPS coming home from the ''dirt pile'' soon........ YIPPIE..........
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
I'm pretty lucky my Union health plan covers the supplemental insurance and medicine for life.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:48 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mine did too but somehow the government got that rule changed and now I pay for it.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:41 AM   #4

yes like you, i had a sales person call me and tell me the same thing last year, so i let her stop by and tell me about it. well it turned out my wife and i saved 1200.oo together by changing companies, and have the same coverage.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
I'm pretty lucky my Union health plan covers the supplemental insurance and medicine for life.
Not there yet (few years to go) but wife is older ... My retirement insurance, from my former employer, covers whatever medicare does not.

Unless the jerk who now heads the "Company" can figure out how to break that agreement.. he's already trying in another area.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Not there yet (few years to go) but wife is older ... My retirement insurance, from my former employer, covers whatever medicare does not.

Unless the jerk who now heads the "Company" can figure out how to break that agreement.. he's already trying in another area.
If you're in a Union he'll have to bargain for them, if not and you don't have a personal employment contract you might be in trouble. Good Luck
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Caveat Emptor!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #8

What is the name of the outfit. I might switch too.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote