Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkate View Post
We have had CAA for years (CAA is the Canadian division of AAA). Now we have CAA RV Plus. We also have Coach-Net.

I have been considering using Coach-Net only, in other words dropping CAA.

Have any other Canadians considered doing this, or have done it?
I have CAA RV premier, and I will get coach-net, its cheaper almost 1/2 the price, I think I will keep CAA for now u get discounts at places and maps etc, with CAA you can use them up to 4 times, Im not sure how many times you can call coach net, never hurts to have a back up plan.
gbstewart

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkate View Post
We have had CAA for years (CAA is the Canadian division of AAA). Now we have CAA RV Plus. We also have Coach-Net.

I have been considering using Coach-Net only, in other words dropping CAA.

Have any other Canadians considered doing this, or have done it?
Exactly what we will do next year. Had we known about coach-net, we would have done it this year. CAA is way too expensive.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Things to remember.

We have A.A.A. on three cars and one Motor Home as well as on our house.(insurance).
The only time we call the three A.A.A. is for the cars, we have Camping World tow service for the Motor Home. We have had the Motor Home towed at least five times for one reason or another.
Most tow service will if necessary, tow you for the hundred miles if it's necessary to get you to a repair shop, now if there is a shop close by and you don't want that shop and the one you want them to tow it to is over 25 miles then they may charge you $4.00 per mile over the 25.
That's what happened to us.
For those who do not carry a spar tire be sure an tell them that if you need a tire or not. You might want to write down on a piece of paper the make and size of your tires and put it some place where you can get to it.
Just a thought.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #18

TW, do you mind sharing what your insurance costs are on all those vehicles and your house? I know we can go broke buying insurance, we had to cancel one of our life insurance plans.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
We have always had Good Sam and they have saved our "butts" on several occasions. Even came to my house to open my car when my granddaughter locked both sets inside. Asked me if I was in a safe place first...I laughed and said "yes, I'm in my driveway. Friends had AAA and had a flat in their RV. Guy showed up and didn't have a clue how to change it...they switched to Good Sam after that. I think you are better going with someone that knows RV's.