Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #29

Sorry I started this----Politics and religion are two things that will ALWAYS start an aurgiment; there is never a winner; everyone to their own belief, you keep yours to yourself and I'll keep mine to myself. ----The end
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #30

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Im a member of AARP and have been since I turned 50. I dont get all the hubbub over them and I dont rarely if ever recieve any mailing from them. Some with good sam, I am a life member and rarely if ever get mailing from them. Guess I am the lucky one. I know that the 16.00 a year we pay for AARP has repaid itself over and over with discounts in restaurants, hotels, car rentals, campgrounds, and other areas. If someone dont wish to join so be it. If they do all the better. If we did not belong to organizations that support political parties or fight them we just as well belong to nothing as far as organizations go, lock ourselves away in a stick and brick, and avoid all contact with the outside world for just about any and every organization in the US, supports some party or organization that is poliltical, no way around it.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #31

Not sure what I'm missing here. What's all the AARP bashing for - it costs next to nothing. I think I pay $10 or $15/year and most certainly save that many times over based on the 10% I get off at many places I stay.

2009 Komfort Trialblazer 285S
Riverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
Not sure what I'm missing here. What's all the AARP bashing for - it costs next to nothing. I think I pay $10 or $15/year and most certainly save that many times over based on the 10% I get off at many places I stay.
not bashing aarp; just some of the causes they support
Old 05-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #33

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
This is sounding like the labor union I was in. Pay your dues and have no say.
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #34

Excel Owners Club
This sounds like the stock market I was in. Invest your money and have no say.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #35

I belong to a home owner association; (not by choice) the development where I live organized one; I fought it, didn't do any good.
They have dues and special assments all the time, they hired a management company to handle the money they collect; I tried to tell them that this guy was a lying crook, but I was labeled a crazy troublemaker; guess what?
The management firm made off with $800,000; guess who's the crazy one now?
The attorneys love these cases;guess who going to make a bundle over this?
Old 05-23-2009, 10:21 PM   #36

Feel I get my money's worth from both Good Sam and AARP in terms of discounts and any such information and/or propaganda that they disseminate. Taken with with stuff that we can read or listen to on CNN, FOX, Washington Post, Drudge, Rush, Heritage Foundation, the Seattle PI, etc, etc., I feel that I can make an informed decision on most anything that comes along. Now, all I have to do is to remember it all and put it in some perspective.....
jimfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:26 AM   #37

AARP, like a lot of things in the past, had an original good purpose. But, as it became more powerful it went from being a group to a business. As it grew the power became more important than it's original purpose. Our memberships are about to expire and it will be a blessing not to get all that junk AARP stuff in the mail.
JJnLilly is offline   Reply With Quote