Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #43

Thor Owners Club
I think the 55+rule only applies to one of you. The other spouse does not have to be that category.

And as Richard had posted previously, that was a good explanation I think on the rig age rule vs people age rule.

Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
What I see is that some family parks have a lot of activities geared towards children & young families. Why should I pay for this type of park? I prefer to be at a park that will offer activities that are more suited to the retired adults or at least those of us who are traveling with out children. I work hard for my money & I appreciate the +55 parks. I have stayed in both & will stay in which ever offers what suits my DW & my needs.

dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #45

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do they allow campfires at +55 parks?
Old 12-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #46

Thor Owners Club
Good Q, LWP. We are not against 55+ parks, in fact it may be a tad bit more relaxing however we tend to look for, nice, clean, roomy, shade, paved, pet friendly and quiet. A bonus would be pool, hot tub, fire pit allowed also.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #47

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kro1957 View Post
The school tax Levi exemption is an interesting theory but not sure if it is valid. Could be I guess if there is legislation in place for that.

The only reason I would question that is you have many couples without children in the home (S&B) then that would want the same exemption to apply to them. And I believe that if tested in court would have to allow it to be applied equally.

That would be a nightmare.

But then again, in today's world nothing surprises me with fairness or common sense.
Seniors here can fill out a form and the 'school taxes' are refunded to them or can be applied to any taxes owing... their choice...

Most I have spoken to, do not know of this wee 'goodie' maybe you have the same rebate but no- one is telling you ... this I am sure is to keep the paid taxes of the uninformed...
I think that it shouldn't even be charged to anyone that has achieved senior status... but the way any g'vmt see it ignorance is no excuse.

so do a look see and maybe you have this same 'unspoken rule'.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #48

Thor Owners Club
Enokie that is really good advice!!!

Great advice, I do remember when we worked with a Realtor years ago we asked about a property that had a really low tax and why that was compared to other properties in area. He said the seller had a disabled veteran exemption.

Bottom like as you pointed out is you have to do the research yourself as the County is not going to come looking for you to save the money.

Thanks for the reminder, I will be more diligent going forward!
Old 12-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #49

We have the disabled veteran exemption on our property even though it is not our domicile. Just had to present our paperwork to the county for the exemption.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:49 AM   #50

Thor Owners Club
We visited several 55+ parks in Florida recently and they were very nice. DW made note, why is it we do not have 55+ parks in our area?
She has a point, I know of only one in our area.
Probably 55+ folks look at getting out of here and going south
Old 01-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
We visited several 55+ parks in Florida recently and they were very nice. DW made note, why is it we do not have 55+ parks in our area?
That is because Snowbirds don't flock to Ne in droves!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I get monthly utility bills from Papillion...I can show you 4 months worth of why 55+ are lacking in the Omaha area...and why we are in FL this Winter.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:48 AM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Easy to understand why they are where they are ...

because they can ! and it works for them - it's simple supply and demand - it works if regulations don't screw it up

Same 'discussion' as:
Our GP has a separate waiting area for kids than adults only - separates the viruses a bit

and wish there were separate children's sections in restaurants !
While I love good kids (and all ours are of course !)
Just the other night @ Olive Garden I have a 4 year old hanging over my shoulder streaming spaghetti on my shoulder !

Yeah, that's SO cute

If they would at least TRY to put the wild ones in a group and not mix couples in the middle of them ...
Old 01-30-2014, 09:15 AM   #54

Devils advocate time: So does this mean a couple that are both 54 are less of a fit then a Hugh and a bunny? How about a quiet 24 year old book worm would that person fit the 55+ park profile better then a Rock God(dess)/Anarchist? Say someones 55 but looks 35 are they asked for ID?

Some parents still raise quiet and respectful children instilled with common sense and courtesy. Even some non-southerners raise their kids to say P & Q and to be respectful. Some kids even do their chores (and sometimes more) without nary a prompt. Some kids even prefer cardigans/golf shirts/polo shirts. I find parents who have rude kids tend to be a bit rambunctious themselves. Personality and behaviour is more an individual thing then an age thing. It's more a sign of upbringing for some as well.

How about an over 55 park that restricts RVS to no Type-As and unit must be over 10 (both chassis and home)?
Old 01-30-2014, 09:40 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngTrillium View Post

How about an over 55 park that restricts RVS to no Type-As and unit must be over 10 (both chassis and home)?
... I think you should open that park!

Of course, I wouldn't pass the class A test.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:04 AM   #56
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngTrillium View Post
Devils advocate time: So does this mean a couple that are both 54 are less of a fit then a Hugh and a bunny? How about a quiet 24 year old book worm would that person fit the 55+ park profile better then a Rock God(dess)/Anarchist? Say someones 55 but looks 35 are they asked for ID?

Some parents still raise quiet and respectful children instilled with common sense and courtesy. Even some non-southerners raise their kids to say P & Q and to be respectful. Some kids even do their chores (and sometimes more) without nary a prompt. Some kids even prefer cardigans/golf shirts/polo shirts. I find parents who have rude kids tend to be a bit rambunctious themselves. Personality and behaviour is more an individual thing then an age thing. It's more a sign of upbringing for some as well.

pay your money and take your chances. thats what the 55 + did. let us know how that works
for you if in 5 yrs. you have a cg left.