Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #1

almost ready

well as of today i have my MH almost all waxed ,, had to deal with a few showers yesterday ,, but i am getting caught up ,, all the pre trip maint stuff is done (i hope) ,, i do carry an inventory of parts just in case ,, but other then that i hope to be ready ,, WAY before May the 23 ,, that is when i head out to Myrtle Beach ,, i will be there for 3 weeks ,, but the one thing i am trying to do is out do my wife and daughter ,, i want to be able to sit back ,, and pop a top on a cold one and watch them scramble at the last minute to get stuff done ,, it always happens that way ,, i kinda like it ,, better them then me ,, but u know women ,, ( not trying to say anything agianst women) ,, but i have always found out ,, that (in my case) i am sitting on go ,, and they are still trying to figure out what they want to take ,, i go thru this every yr ,, and the sad thing is ,, they know about it WAY IN ADVANCE but still ,, ok sorry ,, i will stop before i make anyone mad ,,(don't want to do that )

tnarvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I get in trouble here, but my wife will always tell me she ready to go and I look at my watch and wait 20 minutes. Then she will be ready.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #3

IMHO, I think that maybe the fairer gender has their own time zone... known only to them and that also automatically compensates for standard and day light savings times. I could be wrong...even though my DW didn't hear that. Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #4

Wow,, you guys are so right!
When my wife says she's ready to go, I know I have at least 20 minutes. I can wax half my car in that time and still be ready to go in under a minute.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #5

My wife will be late for her own funeral.

I am a time pessimist in that I always think things will take longer than planned so I am always punctual.

My Bride is a time optimist in that she thinks things take less time than they really do and as a result is always behind schedule.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When a woman says, "I'll be ready in a minute, as soon as I finish putting on my makeup", that's the same length of time as when a man says, "there's only one minute left on the clock in this basketball game."
rewaters49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #7

damn ,, sorry guys and gals ,, i didn't mean for it to turn out like this ,, but i agree ,, good post ,, but to let u all know ,, after i got my 7 acres of the 28 i own mowed ( the 7 is just what the house sits on ) ,,i did get back to waxing ,, and all i got left is the whole right side ,, but that is a breeze ,, alot more windows on that side ,, but i only got 45 more days ,, and i hope to ready to go ,, i have told the DW and Daughter ,, our departure time is 5am on the 23 ,, and i told them this 2 months ago ,, but niether of them have yet to do a darn thing ,, but as i said in the other post ,, it is gonna be entertaining watching them try to get ready the day before we leave ,,
Old 04-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarvs View Post
damn ,, i have told the DW and Daughter ,, our departure time is 5am on the 23 ,, ,,
You were doing fine until you said the departure time was 5 AM. My reply would be have a nice trip and I'll meet you there.
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarvs View Post
well as of today i have my MH almost all waxed ,, had to deal with a few showers yesterday ,, but i am getting caught up ,, all the pre trip maint stuff is done (i hope) ,, i do carry an inventory of parts just in case ,, but other then that i hope to be ready ,, WAY before May the 23 ,, that is when i head out to Myrtle Beach ,, i will be there for 3 weeks ,, but the one thing i am trying to do is out do my wife and daughter ,, i want to be able to sit back ,, and pop a top on a cold one and watch them scramble at the last minute to get stuff done ,, it always happens that way ,, i kinda like it ,, better them then me ,, but u know women ,, ( not trying to say anything agianst women) ,, but i have always found out ,, that (in my case) i am sitting on go ,, and they are still trying to figure out what they want to take ,, i go thru this every yr ,, and the sad thing is ,, they know about it WAY IN ADVANCE but still ,, ok sorry ,, i will stop before i make anyone mad ,,(don't want to do that )
Two hours before she was to be at the church my sister asked how should she wear her hair for her wedding. She had 40 years to think about it...

Anyway, some of us are planners while other take it one day at a time. I start planning my next trip right after the previous one ends. I created a cheat sheet for menu planning with grocery lists included. Nothing is set in stone so it can be changed if desired. So far it has made getting ready easier.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Somehow it always turns into the man being wrong!
Old 04-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #11

well good points once agian ,, and i too have a list of what needs to be done before the trip ,, and also after the trip ,, and to get ready for the next one ,, it kinda funny how most like to do this ,, i have met alot that don;t do that ,,they just go ,, which is fine with me ,, but i like to plan ,, and also ck out my rig good ,, i hate to have anything happen to it on the road ,, even though i can fix most of it on the road ,, i have done this many of times ,, but not on rvs but over the road trucks ,, back when i worked for Kenworth ,, and Cummins ,, i can't tell u how many trucks i worked on ,, on the side of the road ,, or in rest areas ,, i kinda like to forget that
Old 04-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Over plan, then go with the flow.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Over plan, then go with the flow.

ronspradley
now i can agree with that Ron ,, i do just that ,, i plan about in December and have a list of stuff that i must get done by May ,, and as of now ,, i am ahead of schedule ,, "i hope" ,, but i just want a trouble free trip ,, and i know that can not be avoided not matter how well u ck everything out ,, but i want to get to where i am going ,, now on the way home ,, thats another thing ,, i could careless how long it takes me ,, i have been made fun of on other rv sights of the inventory of parts i carry ,,, but other then an engine ,, trans ,, or rearend ,, i carry what i know will prolly break and such ,, and yes i have road side assitance ,, but the way i see it ,, i can have it fixed before they get there ,, but i am not trying to start anything on that ,, i am just saying "what I do " ,, i don't want this to get into a heated battle over stuff like that ,, but the way i have found u all ,, it will not come to that ,, i luv this place
Old 04-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #14

I am one of the fortunate ones , my bride usually is ready a week before departing and it's not unusual for to her sleep in the MH the night before we leave