Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2014, 06:29 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
3 things on a list

One of the things I like best about this forum is the good useable information and repair tips that you all share. I remember when people used to help each other and this just seems like that.

We are looking at MHs now and will be buying in the spring. I CAN'T WAIT! I am so excited about this and about meeting a bunch of you. Course retiring is going to be pretty exciting too.

Thank you all for the laughs, the information, and the wisdom.

Dishwasher soap, who would of thunk?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2014, 08:35 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
I've found out the way to a short list is to start out with item #1 - make a list. And then never get to item #2. The reason my list is so long is because we use our MH and when we're in it, little projects just keep popping up.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will save you one of those items.. Gray tank monitor is malfunctioning normally.. There are basically 3 types of monitors, the most common one dies that 100% of th time. The other two cost more.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #18

Evergreen Owners Club
What did we do with all of our spare time and money when you just had to remember to pack the white gas and spare lantern mantles? Oh, and the funnel to fill the Coleman stove and lantern? Camping sure has become Glamping
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I mess around with the MH so much the DW calls it my Misstress. That sure raises some eyebrows when someone asks what I'm doing and she tells them, Oh he's just messing with his Misstress. Ends up bringing on some funny looks when she explains. Jim
Old 09-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo5er View Post
What did we do with all of our spare time and money when you just had to remember to pack the white gas and spare lantern mantles? Oh, and the funnel to fill the Coleman stove and lantern? Camping sure has become Glamping

This brought back some memories. When I was a kid it was one of my jobs to fill and pump up the Coleman stove & lantern. My dad the first time didn't tell me to keep my thumb over the hole to pressurize the tanks.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We still have the old Coleman lantern and stove and they will be going in the MH when we get it. There were five of us kids and Dad taught us how to pitch a tent, start a fire, and set up camp. We could do it in the dark and we did it fast. It was a blast to go camping!
Old 09-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We needed to be somewhere for just 1 night last summer, but all hotels were booked, and the RV was in the shop. Sooooo we decided to take a glory trip with the tent that came with our Jeep. Sounded like fun, eh? We laughed so hard just trying to get the darn poles into all the slots! Thank the Lord for wine, and the people watching us had a good time for sure! Oh, and there was NO ice cream. Really?!?

Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote